"Unable to attach file." While attaching to text message.
LucasTiff

Device: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+

Android Version: 5.1.1  (_0024)

I keep getting error "Unable to attach file." when I want to send a picture as a text message from my gallery.  I also cannot download pictures that are sent to me.  The status just keeps saying downloading.  I have tried using different text message apps but the issue will transform into errors saying I cannot send or the download failed.  I can temporarily resolve this issue by resetting my phone to defaults and re-installing all my apps.  I have done this twice now.  It only resolves my issue for about a week then it starts over again.  I am able to use data, send regular texts and phone calls without issues.  I have also tried disabling and resetting the cache of my messaging apps.

Does anyone have other ideas for me to try?  I really don't want to factory reset my phone again.

Thank you,

Lucas

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: "Unable to attach file." While attaching to text message.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LucasTiff, I want to make sure that there are no issues with send or downloading any picture mesasges. I appreciate you providing us with all the details of the steps that you have completed on your own. Has your Galaxy S6 Edge+ always had this kind of issue or did it start just recently? When you try to attach a photo or download a photo that someone sent you, are you connected to wi-fi services or the cellular data? Keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LucasTiff

Hi KevinR,

This started reproducing about a week after I got my phone.  It reproduces while I am connected to just Cellular Data, if I am connected to just Wi-Fi and if I am connected to both.

Thank you,

Lucas

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KycasTuff Sending and receiving picture text is one of the best features on a phone. I'm going to get this resolved as quickly as possible for you. Please help me with some details. How is the memory? Apps > settings > storage > check memory. Can you give me the steps you take when trying to send a picture text?
DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LucasTiff

Hello,

Currently showing 37.91 GB Available Space.

To reproduce receiving:

The easiest Step is to receive a message with a picture.  My phone will just continuously show "Downloading Multimedia message" and never finishes.

To reproduce Sending:

Sending 1:

1) Open a text conversation and touch the paper clip

2) Select "Take a picture"

3) Take the picture

4) Select Ok

Result: Error "Unable to attach file."

Sending 2:

2) Select "Image"

3) Pick a recent or old picture

4) Touch "Done"

Sending 3:

2) Touch one of the recent photos that show up above the apps

Sending 4:

1) Open Gallery

2) Touch an image

3) Touch Share

4) Touch the Messages App

Thank you,

Lucas

0 Likes
Melodykid

I am having the same issues, and doing the same steps as Lucas.

0 Likes
LucasTiff

Any updates "Verizon Wireless Customer Support"? I would like to add my wife has the same phone as I do on the same wireless plan.  She doesn't have the issue so I put our phones side by side and remove every app from my phone that she didn't have.  This issue remains.

Thank you,

Lucas

0 Likes
LucasTiff

Ok I finally found a workaround.

This issue reproduced with Samsung's "Messages" app, Verizon's "Message+" app and the "Messenger" app from Google.

I can now send and receive pictures when I use the "Textra" app.

Thank you,

Lucas

0 Likes
Ric6

Yep. Exactly the same problem, except mine was "Adding Attachments" infinitely and wold never go to the next step.

Textra worked for me as well.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Glad to hear this application solved this problem, Ric6. We appreciate the helpful feedback. 

GersonG_VZW

0 Likes