"Unfortunately, Messaging has stopped" error keeps popping up and text messages are not being received on Droid Maxx I got less than 2 weeks ago.
DJ2014

I upgraded to a Droid Maxx about 2 weeks ago and all seemed well. Last Friday, I started receiving an "Unfortunately, Messaging has stopped" error message randomly--sometimes when I was writing a text, sometimes when I would open other apps, there was no rhyme or reason to when it would occur. Now it also appears that I am not receiving some of my texts. I called Verizon Support who told me that they are experiencing this problem on several devices and that she was going to forward me to someone for help. 20 minutes later, no one had picked up and I had to leave. So I thought I would try here to see if Verizon has come up with a fix for this, if I should get another phone, or if they are working on a software update or something. Help, I really liked this phone until now!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: "Unfortunately, Messaging has stopped" error keeps popping up and text messages are not being received on Droid Maxx I got less than 2 weeks ago.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi DJ2014!

I want you to enjoy your new phone and I'm here to help! Are you using a downloaded text messaging application? Try this:Menu>Settings>Apps>All>Android Keybord>Clear Cache.

Thanks,
AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: "Unfortunately, Messaging has stopped" error keeps popping up and text messages are not being received on Droid Maxx I got less than 2 weeks ago.
DJ2014

Hello,

I am using the messaging app that was preloaded with the phone, the green face icon. I do not have an "Android Keyboard" app, but I have cleared the cache on the "Messaging" app, several times. I have also gone to the Verizon store where an associate did a soft reboot, telling me that would work. A very short time later, the error message started appearing again--so this did not work either.

The error message comes very sporadically. Sometimes several in a few minutes, other times not for hours.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information DJ2014! Let's try another option to resolve this messaging issue! Please download, install and use the Verizon Messages Application from the Play Store. Test, and keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes