"message not sent"
tmeier

I have a Moto X that keeps showing error of msg not sent. Every time I open or send a text to anyone I recieve this error. Ended up getting tired of it and deleted all messages even those that were locked, forced stop, and cleared cache. Still get the error that a text hasn't sent. Phone's sitting at 9 GB full. The version I have is 4.4.4. What else can I do to get rid of this error message?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: "message not sent"
JMKahl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was told to download handcent SMS, it solved the problem by bypassing it. Not a true solution. Can't believe they (Verizon) can't come up with a real fix, especially considering what we have to pay for  the service.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tmeier, I know this would concern me just the same. We want to make sure we get this figured out together. Since you started experiencing the issue have there been any changes to the device? Software updates, application downloads, or damage to the device? Try placing the device in safe mode and see if the error comes back up. See how here http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-83017/.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tmeier

If I restart in safe mode will it take everything off the phone?

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Safe mode doesn't wipe the phone. It only restricts which applications are allowed to run while in safe mode.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JMKahl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same problem with my Kyocera Hydro. Just started doing this about a week ago. Nothing has been updated as far as messaging recently. Also, when I delete several message threads, they show the date as whatever day it is in 1970 until I leave the app and re-open. Then they disappear. I know the messages are sending as I get a reply but even when I open the app to see a reply the "message not sent" comes up.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JMKahl,

We'll help get rid of that annoying hiccup. What messaging app are you using? Have you tried using Verizon Messages and do you get the same error message if you're using that app?

SarahO_VZW

0 Likes
JMKahl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am using the standard messaging app, the one with the green quote box and the smiley face. I have used this messaging app on every smart phone I have had since it is the pre-loaded one. Just started having the trouble around Christmas. Have not loaded any new apps or anything for a very long time so that probably is not causing it.

>> Personal information/e-mail reply/headers removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much! We have seen recent reports of this with the Hydro Elite. This information has been reported to the software team and Kyocera. I would love to include your information in order to help get a resolution.
Please be on the lookout for a direct message from me.

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

HI there, JMKahl!

I just received some information in regards to your post to us.

The Kyocera Hydro Elite requires deleting related Read report reply message data from Messaging data base to resolve the issue, Hydro Elite does not have a function to delete the data from database.

Recommend to use Handcent SMS of 3rd party app to delete the messages. 1. Install Handcent SMS from Android Marketplace2. Launch Handcent SMS3. Press Menu Button >> More + >> Undelivered messages4. Here you can delete undelivered conversations and end your "messages not sent"  Please keep us posted whether the recommendation resolved the issue.

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
Pinger

I have a moto x as well and i have this issue.  I have done a back up and rest, a start in safe mode, and deleted everything.  Still getting the error message.  No one has been able to help.  I despise this phone!!!!

0 Likes