remote call
Twinkle56
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a “remote call” notification on my phone.  I do not know what it means, how it got there or how to get rid of it.  Any ideas?

Labels (1)
Re: remote call
jav6
Champion - Level 3

And you don't have a RemotePhone app on a PC that works with/controls your phone? Can you provide a screenshot?  Which model phone do you have?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

See if this helps:

Remote Call

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Twinkle56, new icons can be alarming when you have no idea what they are for. We'd like to take a closer look at what you are seeing and why. Which make and model phone do you have? Do you recall adding any new apps, games or software recently?

LorenB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
N8MC

Hello, I had this "remote call" screen a few months ago and did some searching and it looked to be associated with messages+.. I made sure none of my tablets or other devices were connected to that app and then disabled it. I also turned off advanced calling and WIFI calling and then back on and hadn't had the issue pop back up until last weekend. I went out of town and the signal was so poor where I was at that it dropped to 1x or no signal at times throughout the weekend. I still have messages+ disabled and the only 2 ways for me to get rid of the remote call screen is to 2 button reset the device or now go in and turn off and back on advanced calling. Within the past 30 mins I removed the feature and re-added to see what happens. I have the Note 8 with build number: NMF26X.N950USQU1AQI5

Please let me know if you need any other info to help with this.

0 Likes
LEOJAM65
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is happening to 2 Samsung phones on my account. The fixes mentioned so far are unacceptable and do not fully resolve the issue. Users should not have to reboot, uninstall/reinstall, turn off any features, etc. This has been an ongoing issue for at least 7 months according to forum posts.

What is Verizon doing to fix the issue?

Symptom:

Remote Call appears under the notifications

Upon opening users see a pull option

Possible remedies so far:

Reboot the phone

Turn off Message+ integration/connection to any connected devices (tablets, etc.)

Turn Off Advanced Calling (HD Voice and Video calling capabilities)

Phone Verizon support and have them uninstall/reinstall Advanced Calling feature

ASTROBIRD
Enthusiast - Level 3

This just started with mi phone tonight,has anybody found a solution?

0 Likes
Hsmom24
Enthusiast - Level 1

Apparently not.  Brand new phone and it has issues.  Aggrevating. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hsmom24, ensuring your brand new phone works without a hitch is a must. Help is here. What is the make/model of your device? Are you currently using Verizon Messages plus? Is Advanced Calling currently enabled? Please advise.

NatashaA_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Hsmom24
Enthusiast - Level 1

Galaxy S8+, I do not use Verizon messages +, and I turned off adv xalli g and then turned it back on. No change.

0 Likes