samsung messages app text notifications
RGREENR

I hate my Samsung Galaxy J3 Eclipse.  in my Samsung Messages app, I only receive a notification sound for the very first text in a 'conversation' with someone.  once the app is open, there are no subsequent notification sounds.  I have to close and relaunch the app after every text in order to keep getting notifications.  this is NOT how my old Galaxy S3 Edge worked!  I spent about an hour chatting online with a Verizon rep to see if I had some setting wrong, but he never came up with anything. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: samsung messages app text notifications
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely don't want you feeling this way about your phone, RGREENR. I am sorry to learn you are having trouble with the message notifications. Rest assured, you've come to the right place for help. I would like to gather a few details to isolate the issue.

What message app do you use (please describe the icon if you're not sure)? When exactly did you start having trouble with the notifications? You mention when the app is open there are no subsequent notifications. If you close the app and you get a new message, does an alert sound?

GinaU_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RGREENR

this problem started as soon as i bought this phone.  the app i use is labeled 'Messages' and the icon is two speech balloons on  a mustardy-gold background. yes, if i close the app and i receive a subsequent new message, i receive an alert sound.  on my previous samsung phone from verizon, i could leave the app open and i would receive an alert sound every time i received a new message. Roxanne [removed]

Personal information removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RGREENR, thank you for the details. We want to be part of the solution and ensure you are able to receive the notification alert even when the app is open. To confirm, have you reset all settings on the phone to ensure they are back to default? If not, you can do this by locating settings > backup and reset and tap reset settings. Similarly, are you able to test a different messages app like Verizon messages to see if the issue still occurs? (messaged balloons with red background)

JaimeG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes