Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
sim card cost
ranamaska

I have a new unlocked Samsung Galaxy S9.How much is a Verizon sim card? I already have Verizon service on a different phone. Do I just use that sim card?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: sim card cost
Ann154
Expert
Expert

If the current SIM card fits in the new phone, you should use that SIM card. Otherwise, you can get a new SIM card at a corporate store for free. If you order one from Customer Support, the SIM card itself is free  but you might have a shipping charge to pay either over the phone or it will be on the bill.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

That's a great question, ranamaska. All you will need is a Verizon Wireless SIM Card, if it is a compatible device.  If the SIM Card is the same size, it will work. Ifit is not please go to the Nearest corporate store to get a new SIM Card. Please let me know if this information was helpful.

0 Likes
ranamaska

thanks! 

0 Likes
ehush

but how much does it cost? No old sim card. "new" refurbished phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Great question! You can obtain a SIM card at no cost by visiting any of our corporate locations. Here is a link to locate the nearest store to you, http://spr.ly/6603Ekkp5

GeorginaG_VZW

specs113

best to order online, I went to the local Verizon store in Rio Grande NJ and was told the sim card would cost $ 50.

ordered it online , received it the very next day  and at no cost what so ever 

0 Likes
KH-Michael

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes