something smaller than the DX?
mfinn

I've had my DX for a couple weeks and love everything about it, except the size.

My last phone was the S2. The size was perfect, but it got slooow.

Is there a smaller touch screen phone that has the same performance as the DX?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: something smaller than the DX?
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

Here is a screen size comparison of different Android devices for your convenience:

HTC Droid Incredible

3.7"

Samsung Fascinate

4.0"

Samsung Continuum

3.4"

Motorola Droid Pro

3.1"

Droid 2 Global

3.7"

For more details about any of the above devices please visit us online at www.vzw.com/products at your convenience.

AntonioC_VZW

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

dx is 4.3 ich

fascinate is 4"

droid2 is 3.7

dinc i cant remember size

id suggest going into a store and seeing what saize you like

0 Likes
mfinn

Are the ones you suggested as good as the DX?

I'm afraid I have been spoiled by the speed of it already and anything slower would not be acceptable.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

they should all be fairly similar, they all  use 1ghz processor iirc

did you figure out what slowed your other one down?

usuallys its 1 or more apps/widgets

similar ro why wondows gets slow

0 Likes
mfinn

. It was almost 2 years old. It just seemed like it was getting tired. 

Some of the web sites I went to upgraded their software and made the S2 unuseable.

Tapatalk didn't work on it.

I was on my 2nd phone. The first one's sound on the phone went weird. The second one was also getting bad

Now with the DX Tapatalk is really fast, so is the browser on all my websites.  

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

hed to a vzw corp store and play with some of the others.  look for a 1ghz processor.

the ones i listed are some that should be equal

the diff is the interface, the dx uses motoblur, the d2 would also use that

each manufacturer has thier own flavor

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

mdram4x4 wrote:

dx is 4.3 ich

fascinate is 4"

droid2 is 3.7

dinc i cant remember size

id suggest going into a store and seeing what saize you like

htc inc is 3.7 like the d2. if you want smaller than the inc would work nice for you. however, if you use swype as a keyboard or want to use your hdmi, then nothing else will fit the bill. htc inc doesn't have either....and i think the dx is the only vzn android with hdmi out? also...you said you had it for a couple weeks? the new return policy is 14 days so you may want to get in their QUICK.....and keep in mind that you only get one exchange for a different device, so if you switch it for something else, that is what you will have to keep (if it's faulty or something, of course you can still exchange it again, but only for the same device).

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

Here is a screen size comparison of different Android devices for your convenience:

HTC Droid Incredible

3.7"

Samsung Fascinate

4.0"

Samsung Continuum

3.4"

Motorola Droid Pro

3.1"

Droid 2 Global

3.7"

For more details about any of the above devices please visit us online at www.vzw.com/products at your convenience.

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
mfinn

I think it's too late for me.

I'm getting to the point where I don't want to sacrifice speed and just general all around perforamce to risk getting something else.

I thought that when I first bought my Storm2 everything was great. The DX ( for me) is like having a small laptop with me all the time.

0 Likes
LoydroidX
Contributor - Level 3

mfinn wrote:

I think it's too late for me.

I'm getting to the point where I don't want to sacrifice speed and just general all around perforamce to risk getting something else.

I thought that when I first bought my Storm2 everything was great. The DX ( for me) is like having a small laptop with me all the time.

I also came from the Storm to the Droid X, and I also had some initial issues with the size of the X.  Now, over three months later, I have no problems with the size of it.  It just took me some time to get used to it.  And, you're absolutely right...it is like having a laptop in your hand. 

0 Likes