text message notifications after lollipop update?
smalltwngrl428
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please explain the step by step process on how to change the settings so I can see my text message notifications pop up in my task bar when my phone is locked, and come across the front of my screen when my phone is locked. This is extremely frustrating and unacceptable to do to loyal customers. I should not have to unlock my phone every single time to see what type of notification I have. If you cannot provide a detailed step by step process for me, then instruct me on how to "undo" this update.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: text message notifications after lollipop update?
wirespider01
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is a royal pain.  I use a swipe pattern.  I went into the lock screen and redid my pattern when I finished doing the pattern and password another screen came up. This screen had a had 3 options.  Pick the option where you see everything on your lock screen.

Then open your messenger app and make sure in the settings you have it selected to show on the top bar and on the lock screen. 

You can have the setting in messenger correct but of you don't go through your locking process again and get those options it won't work.

it's a pain.  Not sure why they didn't make it easier.

View solution in original post

smalltwngrl428
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is in regards to the Samsung galaxy s4

0 Likes
wirespider01
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is a royal pain.  I use a swipe pattern.  I went into the lock screen and redid my pattern when I finished doing the pattern and password another screen came up. This screen had a had 3 options.  Pick the option where you see everything on your lock screen.

Then open your messenger app and make sure in the settings you have it selected to show on the top bar and on the lock screen. 

You can have the setting in messenger correct but of you don't go through your locking process again and get those options it won't work.

it's a pain.  Not sure why they didn't make it easier.

smalltwngrl428
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you so much!! 🙂 it was driving me insane...truly, thanks!!

0 Likes