text messaging issues following update 4.4.2
SLOB503

text messaging is really messed up since the update .  I am so frustrated.  Does anyone else have issues?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: text messaging issues following update 4.4.2
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SLOB503,

We want you to be able to fully enjoying text messaging. What type of issues are you having? What device type? Please provide details so we can assist further.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
TheMajor

I am having the same problems.  EXTREMELY POOR service with regards to text messages on my Galaxy S4 ever since this software update.  I can send messages sometimes less than 40% of the time, no matter where I am at.  This problem involves both my phone and my wifes' phone and I have seen numerous other complaints about this same issue involving the same phone ever since the recent software update.  I am NOT pleased with the quality of service I am receiving for what I am paying and I want a solution.  The complaints I have seen have indicated that nobody has been any help so far.  Today I called tech support and they had me reset my messaging application and the problem still exists.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

I don't know why y this is the case but some with the LG G2 also experiencing unreliable texting. Some have had success going into settings and changing tethering and networks, mobile network, from Global to LTE/CDMA. Others install TEXTRA as a replacement for the built in texting app. I think others tried disabling Google+.

Likely we all need a patch of some kind to Kit Kat.

0 Likes
SLOB503

Thanks Lindsay. I have a Motorola Droid Maxx HD. Issues are intermittent sending and receiving and when the text reply is typed it moves up under the previous text so one cannot read the text being written. Sooo frustrating that I downloaded the Verizon message+ app. It is far superior to the text app that came with the phone. This what I would expect Motorola/Google to have done with the update. A new phone was sent to me from Motorola because of all the other crash issues but the texting issue is still an issue. I would much rather use the Verizon message+ . Now I have to figure out how to disengage the text app that came with the phone.

Regards

Nancy

0 Likes
SLOB503

Thanks for the info. My phone is a Motorola Droid Razor Maxx HD. Issues are among many with the update. Motorola sent a new phone out but the texting is still messed up. So I downloaded Verizon’s message+ and it is a great texting app. Would not go back to the app that came with the phone even if they patched it up.

Thanks. This is all a Google issue as they are the brains behind the android update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are so happy to hear that you were able to get those text messages flowing again, SLOB503. To disengage the stock messaging app please go into a text message in the stock app. Hit the menu button (Upper right corner. The three dots). Then go into the settings and chose the notification settings and uncheck the boxes. This will remove any notifications for this application.

RobinD_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tuneman59

Hello, at least everyone I know with an S3, S4, and Note have been having issues with texting, battery life, and signal after the Kitt Katt upgrade.  My S3 worked great until i received it.The sad part is i couldn't wait for the upgrade because I had read so much about improvements. Honestly, i don't see any! i can't even tell the difference except for the negative impact it has had on my phone. Whats even worse is I am talking to more and more people with the same issues. Most generally when i walk into Verizon Corp. store they look at me like I have two heads! It must be me or something I did because well, Verizon doesn't have any issues with the phones! I am not making that up either. i have been a loyal Verizon customer for probably at least 18 years although honestly sometimes I wonder why. This time when i walked in the associate actually told me there have been issues however she didn't offer any info on just what Verizon is doing to try and keep people from smashing the bejesus out of their phones because they don't work!  She did mention that I could do a factory reset but she had "I don't know written all over her face!" So where are we with this issue? Galaxy S4, text messages fail at least the first time 4 out of 6 times. It doesn't matter if it's one word or ten words, sometimes when you hit resend it goes but not every time. most generally the latter. Sometimes after just giving up because it will not send, the message does send but on my phone it still says message failed. My battery goes dead twice as fast as it used to before the upgrade. I used to charge it at night when i cam home from work and that was the only time. Now it goes dead to the point of shutting the phone off  before the end of my shift and it's not from me using it more than before. Also, it seems harder and harder to get a good signal. I don't know if that's related directly to the issue but the other problems most definitely are.  thanks

0 Likes
SLOB503

For some unexplained reason on my droid razor maxx I am unable to disable the notifications even though the boxes are unchecked the messages flow into there as well as the message+ which I now prefer to use. Any suggestions

NJH

0 Likes