transfer contact from old to new
mackdaddy59
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having a hell of a time transferring my contacts fro LG G2 to Samsung J3. Have tried Verizon Content Transfer and Samsung Smart switch with error messages. Successfully transferred pics and other documents. Contacts show 0. What am I doing wrong?  Please help don''t want to have to redo all these names again

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: transfer contact from old to new
mackdaddy59
Enthusiast - Level 3

went to Verizon and found out it I a prepaid phone so can not activate. Have since bought phone through Verizon and up and running

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

How are the contacts saved on the old phone? Google contacts? Phone only contacts? Another account contacts?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mackdaddy59
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon cloud

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you sign into the Verizon Cloud app on the phone and sync from the Cloud to the phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mackdaddy59
Enthusiast - Level 3

not too bright with this new technology. please explain in simple steps an old buy like me can understand

Thanks

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't use it.  Google sync is much easier to deal with.

But you can look through the support docs for help. Install and Configure Verizon Cloud - Android Smartphone | Verizon Wireless

Verizon Cloud FAQs | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mackdaddy5, we want to make sure you can transfer your contacts. We are always here to provide support. When you go to your Verizon Cloud does it show that you have contacts backed up? For more information follow the link: http://vz.to/2grSCKp

Have you also checked to see if your contacts are stored by logging into your Google account (Gmail)? Follow the link for instructions: http://bit.ly/2fkk7cT

RalphT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
mackdaddy59
Enthusiast - Level 3

went to Verizon and found out it I a prepaid phone so can not activate. Have since bought phone through Verizon and up and running

Thanks

0 Likes