transfering contacts and app data
neilver2

how do I transfer contacts from Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy to my Verizon MotoG4. I exported contacts to sim card but G4 doesn't see file?

I also moved apps containing account log-in data to sim card but I don't think those are being found either, thanx

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: transfering contacts and app data
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can't move applications to the SIM card. It might have been the SD card, but one device doesn't necessarily mean the next device will read the card the same way and recognize that part of an application is stored on the SD card. Even when you move app to the SD card, part of it remains on the internal memory space in order to function properly.

Have you tried the Motorola Migrate application to see if you can move everything from the Samsung phone to the Motorola phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

neilver2,welcome to Verizon. Getting your content on your new phone is essential for daily life. Here is a great tool to help get this done https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/transfer-contacts-and-media/ If you use the same Google account for your new phone, you should be able to get the same app content when you re-install.

JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
muyang
Enthusiast - Level 2

To transfer contacts and app data between two mobile phones, mobile transfer program makes it easy. Just connect the two mobile phones to the computer, and you are free to transfer files between them.

0 Likes