turn by turn navigation not working
BurlinskiBarr
Enthusiast - Level 2

For at least a month now, I've been losing voice navigation.  I finally determined that it stops when I start a navigation while in WiFi (like at home or work before leaving), once WiFi disconnects, voice navigation stops. Navigation continues but there is no voice.  The only way I can get it to start again is by restarting my phone.  I use Google Maps but also noticed that WAZ doesn't talk to me either.  All other sounds are working.  I have a Note 4 which is up-to-date.  HELP!

RobinCB

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: turn by turn navigation not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you are able to hear your turn by turn Navigation. Let's review this together. Has this always been a concern? When did this start happening? Let's try closing the application. Go to your Apps>Settings>Applications and then select the Navigation app. Once selected choose Force stop and clear data.

JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: turn by turn navigation not working
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is your cellular data connection turned on and active when you are away from home or a wifi connection? Do you have Google Maps not set to restrict its data usage on cellular data? Have you downloaded the online voice for navigation? Did you save the route to the phone for offline navigation?

For example, I was recently in a location where I knew I would lose service altogether so before I started the navigation, I had downloaded the map on the route and the offline Google Talkback voice. When I reached the no service area I still had voice navigation to get me to the location I was heading to.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes