txt message notification
katt7
Enthusiast - Level 1

a cross between question/comment/complaint...

on my alias 2 i was able to assign a ringtone to all txt messages

Q.  why can't this be done on my new Samsung Galaxy Note ll

under the message setting I can select notification setting with a ck mark and under ringtones I can select a tone.  

But your stuck with the default tones that are preloaded into the phone and you can not download new tones or

assign ringtones that you have dl and purchased for txt message alert or notifications.

Which i find really crappy because now I am not getting my txt messages in a time manner. 

really sucks!!

I want to be able to assign a ringtone that is more of my preference instead of what verizon or the maker of the phone thinks I want!

any other thoughts / comments 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: txt message notification
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you search the community for similar questions? There are answers. In fact start with the discussion to the right of your post under "More like this..."  and see if they help.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
katt7
Enthusiast - Level 1

there was no other ones with this type of issue on line that i could find

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

How familiar are you with android phones?

You can use a custom notification tone for all your text messages. If you are wanting control over individual contacts for their text messages, you need a third party app.

To get custom notification tones, you have to copy your ringtones to the "notifications" folder in the phone internal storage space. The OS will likely have already created the folder. You can also put it on the external SD card, but works better in the internal memory. To copy the files to this folder, you can use a file explorer app or connect the phone to a computer and use the computer's file manager to copy and paste the files.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
katt7
Enthusiast - Level 1

no i am not familiar with android phones... but don't bother to reply as i got someone to help me out......

no thanks to verizon customer service as they don't seem to know what i'm talking about and haven't a clue how to answer my

question......

and i don't understand what you wrote...

frankie

0 Likes