unable to make/take calls since Eris 2.1 upgrade
ggraeff

I received my 2.1 OTA upgrade yesterday morning, and things went well all day yesterday, however today, I have lost the audio portion of my phone twice, requiring a battery pull to restore it.  In other words, I can recieve or initiate a call, and it will connect, but I can't hear the person on the other end of the call, and they can't hear me talk.  It's almost like I have a headset plugged in, which disables the speaker and mic on the device,  However, even if I plug in a headset, there's still no audio.

Again, the only way to clear up the problem is to do a battery pull, however the problem returns rather quickly.  I use my phone for buisness, so this is a critical problem.  Has anyone else had this happen?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Gary

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: unable to make/take calls since Eris 2.1 upgrade
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

Make sure you do a System Restore to factory settings to help clear up any errors. Once you have completed the system restore it should go back to working corrcetly. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
ggraeff

Thanks for the suggestion.  I have not done a hard reset on this phone before.  Will I lose all the apps I downloaded from the market?  I assume I will also lose my ActiveSync connection, as well as calendar, contact and email data.  Just want to know what to expect once the reset is done.

THanks!

Gary

0 Likes
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

PLEASE be advised this will wipe all your info except for the 2.1 update. You have to backup whatever you don't want to lose, sync your contacts with Google too. You will have to redownload all your applications once your phone has restarted. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
ggraeff

I did the factory reset last night and I am still having the problem this morning.  Please let me know if there's anything else I should try... or if I should bring the phone in to the Verizon store to get it swapped.

Thank you!

Gary

0 Likes
crankyp
I am having the same problem. Also not getting audible ringtones on all my calls. Acts like I have it on silent. Going to VZW store today.
0 Likes
turtlegirl39

I have been having this issue, as well as many others, since the update. If I turn my phone off and on it seems to fix it for a short period. I have had it happen as I answer the phone and in the middle of a conversation.

Any other ideas to help me?

Is anything being done to fix the problems since the update?

0 Likes
ggraeff

Please let us know what they tell you at the store.  I am considering taking it in, but it will be hard to bring it in while it's malfunctioning, and don't really know how much evidence they need of the problem.

Thanks!

Gary

0 Likes
Dangerous_Dave
Contributor - Level 2
I've now experienced the problem multiple times since the update. And it's not just phone call sounds, I lose voice search functions as well. Powering the phone off and back on cures it temporarily, but it keeps coming back. I called Verizon and they're starting to document reports of this issue. So I strongly recommend anyone having this particular issue contact Verizon tech support so they can document it. Once they know it really is a widespread issue, they can push HTC to address it.
0 Likes
gnemelf

I to am having this problem done hard reset and still have the issue and I just got this phone in the mail.. its a software issue on verizons end there is no way its end user caused... rushed software no doubt...

0 Likes