Re: unable to make/take calls since Eris 2.1 upgrade
Dangerous_Dave
Contributor - Level 2

gnemelf wrote:

I to am having this problem done hard reset and still have the issue and I just got this phone in the mail.. its a software issue on verizons end there is no way its end user caused... rushed software no doubt...

Please clarify...is this a replacement phone because of this problem and you still have the problem??
0 Likes
crankyp
Rep at the store was clueless. Didn't even know how to wake up the phone from screen timeout. She did a minor *228 reset and said it should be fine. I am much more hesitant to think its ok since she was a **bleep** who didn't know the product that sits in front of her every day. I'll call tech support when it happens again from a different phone.
0 Likes
MattSmith

Try a factory reset and a roaming update!

Hope that helps!

0 Likes
crankyp
Factory rests are not working for this issue. HTC and VZW are going to have to fix and update.
0 Likes
gnemelf

I had a replacement phone with a bad trackball when the update came out had the issue on that one.. got my new one yesterday and got it updated and running fresh out the box and 45 minutes after updating was having the issue again with not being able to hear or make calls.

0 Likes
sswrighton
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Eris is also experiencing this problem even after HTC's suggested "Hard" reset.

0 Likes
janmurphy

My phone went through the update this morning and it's been a nightmare since.  It wiped out my speed dials and will not allow me to reset them.  It also wiped out all bookmarks and when in the browser and press menu does not have the bookmark tab anymore.  I as also having trouble adding the clock back to the front screen.

It will not allow me to do a hard reset.  When I go to Menu > Settings > Security there is no option for a factory reset.  Is there another way to do a hard reset?  I've taken the battery out and reinstalled it to no avail.

0 Likes
sswrighton
Enthusiast - Level 2

you can do a hard-reset with the buttons:

1. With the phone turned off, press and hold the Volume Down and Send buttons. 2. Press the Power button. 3. Follow the instructions to complete the hard reset.

NOTE: you do lose your data during a hard reset.

0 Likes
janmurphy

How long does it take for a hard reset.  I did what you suggested and there is a red triangle with an exclamation mark through it superinposed over a eris picture. 

0 Likes
jungmark

I can't get my blue tooth headset to connect and I'm not doing a factory reset. Anyone else have this problem?

0 Likes