updated Droid Turbo this morning to Advanced Calling now the phone keeps freezing and restarting - why? - and how do i fix
llatoo

I have had my Droid Turbo for less than a month.  This morning I downloaded and installed the upgrade for Advanced Calling.  Now my phone has basically quit working.  The phone keeps freezing and/or automatically restarting.  Why and how do I fix it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: updated Droid Turbo this morning to Advanced Calling now the phone keeps freezing and restarting - why? - and how do i fix
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Before doing a factory reset, simply disable the advanced calling or n the phone.  Go to Settings, network, and disable or turn off  VoLTE calling.  If that doesn't work, try a system cache clear before the factory reset step.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: updated Droid Turbo this morning to Advanced Calling now the phone keeps freezing and restarting - why? - and how do i fix
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

llatoo,

This is definitely concerning. I am sorry to hear that your phone has stopped working. Have you removed the app? If not, I would recommend trying to to that. If you are unable to remove the app completely, please power the phone off, remove the SIM card and wait about 30 seconds or so then try again. Keep us posted.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
GqSkrub
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unless I am wrong, ErinW_VZW, the upgrade for advanced calling is NOT an app - it is a system update and therefore cannot be uninstalled.  Kinda scary that you do not know this. 

LLATOO - My advice to you is to perform a factory reset. Look under System Settings -> Backup and Reset -> Factory Data Reset.  This will obviously delete your entire phone so backup what you need.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Before doing a factory reset, simply disable the advanced calling or n the phone.  Go to Settings, network, and disable or turn off  VoLTE calling.  If that doesn't work, try a system cache clear before the factory reset step.

0 Likes