updating contact info
RGREENR

I have a Samsung Galaxy J3 Eclipse, which I hate.  if I go in and update info on the contact details screen - delete an office telephone number for example - after saving the change, the old, deleted info still shows up on the detail screen.  why is this?  drives me crazy.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: updating contact info
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Is it being restored from a backup somewhere (cloud)?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
RGREENR

why would it do that with no input from me?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I certainly understand the importance of having up to date contact information on your phone, RGREENR. I will be happy to assist you with making sure your phone only shows the edited contact information. To elaborate on jav6's reply, your phone may be pulling the original information from another source such as the Verizon Cloud or Google's Gmail contact list. Let's take a look to see if you have other contact lists on your phone. Please follow the below steps to see the available contact lists:
- Go into your 'Contacts' app and in the upper right corner, click the icon with 3 dots and then choose 'Settings'
- On the following screen, choose 'Contacts to display'
Please let me know what is listed.
GregL_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

FYI, this is a public user-to-user community forum of primarily VZW customers.  I am a VZW customer just like you and am offering my opinion and comments as such.  Just trying to help.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

you might need to close-out contacts, re-open to let it refresh with updated info!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RGREENR,

We understand the headache it can be maintaining contact information may be. Depending on your phone's settings Google or another backup system may already be set up to sync with your phone. Have you tried looking to see how your contact settings are set up with the steps provided previously by Greg? Let us know what you find when you look at it. You can always disable any sync settings to edit and arrange your contacts as you wish smoothly.

GinaU_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RGREENR

the app shows 'all contacts' under 'contacts to display.'   roxanne

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Fantastic! Thank you for reviewing this last step, Roxanne. We want to ensure we leave no stone unturned. On that screen that displays all contacts, what categories show underneath? Do any Google or cloud accounts show?

JaimeG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes