verizon cloud app says "no contacts are available on this device" (Droid RAZR HD) ... how do I fix this?
don_s
Enthusiast - Level 1

like the title says... Cloud app says contacts are not available... so I cannot back them up... What gives?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: verizon cloud app says "no contacts are available on this device" (Droid RAZR HD) ... how do I fix this?
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

That is perfect. They are stored on your phone as Google Contacts and are backed up by Google which is 100X better then Verizon's Cloud.  I would leave them as is if you do not want issues.  If you want backup issues then change all of your contacts to Backup Assistant contacts and they will be backed up to VZW's cloud in some way or another but be prepared to have tons of issues with it.

View solution in original post

Re: verizon cloud app says "no contacts are available on this device" (Droid RAZR HD) ... how do I fix this?
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

That is perfect. They are stored on your phone as Google Contacts and are backed up by Google which is 100X better then Verizon's Cloud.  I would leave them as is if you do not want issues.  If you want backup issues then change all of your contacts to Backup Assistant contacts and they will be backed up to VZW's cloud in some way or another but be prepared to have tons of issues with it.

don_s
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks.  I kind of thought that's what was going on, and after reading about the cloud app I guess I'll leave it as is. Funny how a large company as verizon is their website and apps can suck so much.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Most likely Verizon doesn't write that app and it is a third party or farmed out development.  Verizon is good at basic connectivity and attaching a phone to their network. They have never been good at the applications they write because they are always looking for ways to connect to your wallet in one way or another, or to make you more dependent on their services which is what the Cloud is supposed to be doing.  Just think, if they were successful at this then all of your contacts, pictures, music etc... would be on their cloud servers and you would rely on them a great deal more.  Unfortunately their Cloud service is riddled with issues and barely work most of the time.  If you want to use the full on cloud service, use Google, Dropbox or one of the others based on how much you would be storing there.  These non Verizon Cloud Services are much more reliable and easier to use.

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

I fully agree the VZW Cloud is almost useless, go with Google or one of the other service.

0 Likes