verizon lg g4 missing call blocker
spector58
Enthusiast - Level 2

I picked up my LG G4 from Verizon on June 4th (day1). I upgraded from a Samsung Galaxy S4. I love the phone and still getting use it, but it seems to be missing the call blocker feature that was part of the S4. I looked it up on the web and it shows directions for using it, on T-Mobil and Sprint I believe, but none of the menu items appear on the Verizon version. Nor does Verizon mention it at all. I know that Verizon sells a similar option, but 1...Why pay for it, and 2... did Verizon remove it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: verizon lg g4 missing call blocker
Snn5
Legend

Android:  Google Play Store....  There's an app for that!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

spector58 We're happy to hear that you love your new phone. Tell us more about the call blocker feature. What exactly are you looking for the phone to do?

SheritaH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Verizon removed that feature along with several other features.  To use call blocking, you can either use Verizon's 5 free feature to block up to 5 numbers for free for 90 days or subscribe to their advanced feature to block more....or use a free app like Whitepages ID, Mr Number, TrueCaller, WhosCall, etc....

spector58
Enthusiast - Level 2

Snn5,

Thank you for your reply. My question stems from my last phone, Galaxy S4. On that phone, you simply went to the phone app, recent calls, long press on a listed call, A menu came up with an option to block call. This was far easier then logging into the Verizon site to block a call. I installed "Mr Number" and it seems to to what I want...... not quiet as simple, more keystrokes, but it does work well enough for my needs.

The G4 does have a really cool feature called "Smart Lock". This automatically disables your lock screen (pin number or pattern lock) in trusted locations (home or office), trusted devices (connected to my car), trusted faces, trusted voices, On body detection. It saves me from needing to unlock the phone at home, in the car, or at my woodshop....... GREAT IDEA.

Thanks Again,

George

Hawkbox

Seriously?? You guys removed the stock application for a more expensive and painful to use up-sale?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yes, Verizon removes a lot of useful software from phones.  Reference the G4.

0 Likes
spector58
Enthusiast - Level 2

there are free options and I selected "Mr Number". Naturally I would prefer android be left alone. Nothing removed. The built in options are usually the best. Yes they can be disabled and replaced..... Still just to keep verizon on tract.... I vote... "Leave Android Alone"....

Tidbits
Legend

Call blocking isn't native to Android from what I remember. None of my Nexus devices had it out of box. Manufacturers charge for certain features and Verizon opts out for paying for them.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

So they did leave Android alone in that sense. There is nothing in stock Android that Verizon has removed or requested removed.

0 Likes
DAVISinGP
Enthusiast - Level 1

Had my phone for a week and just found this out trying to block a spammer that's called multiple times.

Call blocking may not be "native" to Android, but it was a simple (and extremely useful) feature on my last two phones.

If the only way Verizon provides would should be a free feature is to charge me more money, it changes the positive view I've had of Verizon.

0 Likes