voice mail & factory reset
TOYO46

My phone seems to be fried.  I have tried everything. And it looks like I will have to do a factory reset.   Will I lose all the voice mail messages I've saved?  I have photos etc backed up on cloud, so I'm not worried about those.   But my son passed away recently and I have some messages on there from him that mean the world to me and I don't want to lose them.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: voice mail & factory reset
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TOYO46, my deepest condolences to you and your family. We understand the importance of making sure you are able to safely secure your device content and voicemails prior to processing a factory data reset. Allow us the opportunity to review your options. Can you please clarify how your device is “fried” (no longer turns on, damaged, screen is not working)? Also, can you please provide us the make/model of your device?

We want to inform you that when you process a factory data reset you will not lose your voicemails. The only way you will lose your voicemails is by disconnecting your line or if you delete the voicemail directly from the server. 

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes
TOYO46

My phone was stuck in a loop when it got to the Verizon logo on start up.  It asked for a SAMSUNG password and I have no idea what it is,  or where I would have written it down. I actually have a password book and it's not in there.  Anyway, I took it to A SAMSUNG authorized repair store.  They said they can't help me unless I remember the password. It's been stuck on this screen for 3 days. I press the rest button, but it won't do anything.2018-03-08 22.23.54.jpg

0 Likes
TOYO46

I had my number transferred to my old Galaxy s4 today, at least I have a phone for emergencies.  So it won't hurt to reset the s7

0 Likes