vortex low on space
stimpy123
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a LG Vortex and understand it is an entry level smart phone. I don't do any business applications, music or videos. Over the last month or two, I've had the pesky notification that my phone is "low on space". So I've dropped all of the photos that I've taken, since the gallery doesn't allow for sending the photos to the SD card, and yet still have the notice. I've also had the notice that a text message wasn't accepted because of this low space. I have removed all of my text messages, and yet I still have the low on space notice. Help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: vortex low on space
stimpy123
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good afternoon,

Your suggestion about the browser cache has cleared the problem. I noticed also when I went to Settings>SD card and phone storage, the Available space went to 20.44 mb instead of the kb amount before I cleared the cache. Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
garyvestal1

The browser cache and history,snapshot use your internal memory. Try to clear browser history,cache..

did u every install some Android games on your device? try to clear that apps cache..

0 Likes
stimpy123
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't have time for games, and my eyes wouldn't allow for me to squint at them any way. I've figured out how to clear the browser cache and cleared it. When I swipe down the low in space icon, it takes me to the "manage applications" page. I"ve looked through all the applications and selected each and then "pressed clear data". on all so that the indicatior for data shows 0.00 kb. The only feature I loaded was Facebook and an application that allows me to search the LDS Scriptures. All the others on the phone are "preloaded".  Still looking for suggestions. The reset, doesn't really appeal to me, because of possible loss of phone numbers and contact information.

P.S.

I just "cleared the data" under the browser under this application page, and the notice went away. I guess that I"ll have to watch that application. All the others had only about 115kb of data and clearing that data did really nothing to relieve the notice. hope that is clear

0 Likes
garyvestal1

hi

I guess the facebook app is getting bigger and bigger.! can you check the facebook apps size? try clear facebook cache, log off and log on facebook again, just try,

someone else find that the trash email cause the "low space" problems too, maybe you can check your email client.

0 Likes
stimpy123
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good afternoon,

Your suggestion about the browser cache has cleared the problem. I noticed also when I went to Settings>SD card and phone storage, the Available space went to 20.44 mb instead of the kb amount before I cleared the cache. Thanks for your help.

0 Likes