Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
what do i do about process.com.google
pleasehelpme1123

one of my apps has crashed my phone which is an Android 4 by Motorola. What do I need to do about it 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: what do i do about process.com.google
locutus1701
Novice

Try clearing the cache for the app that caused this message.

Settings-->Apps, find the app, click, clear cache.

0 Likes
pleasehelpme1123

see if i could i would but i can't because it has completely crashed and i go to rest the whole phone but it wont recognize that i am touching the screen

0 Likes
locutus1701
Novice

Can you get the device to power off? Do you have a removable battery? If so pop out the battery.

If non-removable, hold down both the POWER and VOL DOWN buttons until the screen shuts off.

0 Likes
pleasehelpme1123

​I have a non-removable battery and i have tried holding down the power and

volume down button and it didnt work.​

On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 4:44 PM, locutus1701 <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
locutus1701
Novice

What is the make and model of your phone?

0 Likes
pleasehelpme1123

​motorola Andorid 4​

On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 4:57 PM, locutus1701 <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
locutus1701
Novice

I think the phone you have is the Droid 4 by Motorola? Anyway, my only other suggestion is to make sure you held down the power and volume down buttons at the same time for at least 10 seconds. You can also try it by holding down both the volume up and down and power buttons at the same time. If this does not resolve it, I suggest you see if Verizon can help you by calling or using the online support chat.

0 Likes
pleasehelpme1123

thanks

On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 5:09 PM, locutus1701 <forums@verizonwireless.com>

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

pleasehelpme1123,

If you indeed do have a Droid 4, we'll want to try some slightly different things. To get the phone to power down, please do try holding the volume down and power buttons, but please continue to hold them for up to one minute before releasing if you don't see any changes. If it does power down, please try these steps for entering safe mode. As the phone's got a Keyboard, the process is a bit different from most other devices. Please give this a try: http://vz.to/1TZx88S If you don't have this device or if this does not work, please let us know what model device you've got or what happened.

EricW_VZW
VZWlow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes