what is this and how do i get rid of it
DIASME18

Screenshot_20170811-120012.png

this application keeps popping up while I am in the middle of looking at stuff. I have no idea why it pops up nor how to get rid of it. Anyone know what it is and how to turn it off?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: what is this and how do i get rid of it
bearone21
Legend

settings/applications-application mgr, scroll down & try to uninstall.

0 Likes
DIASME18

Yea, but what is it called?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You likely have application that is pushing ads to the phone. You might need an air push or ad detector to figure out which application it is.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Side note.

Uninstall the es file explorer app from the phone. It is full of ads and usage trackers now since the company was sold.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
DIASME18

Why do you think this is es file exp. That screen shot i attached to my question does not look like the d's hi and it is not landed with the app name. That's why I'm asking what is it?

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

i have nooidea, i'm only seeing a little over an inch of what's on your screen!!

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

If you have the developer options working on your phone  ( about phone -build number - tap several times til it turns on )  Then go to settings- developer options--running services you will see on there what is running on your phone at that time.Then all you have to do is tap what is running and hit stop. Remember somethings have to run to make the phone work but there is a lot of things that does not need to be using up all the battery for the phone to work right.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Diasme18, let's work on getting your screen back to normal. I know how frustrating it is to see these ads on your home screen. When did you starting this on your home screen? Have there been any recent changes to your device (Software updates, new apps, games, etc.?

GersonG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ron3865
Enthusiast - Level 1

It came with an unrelated app you recently loaded. Delete the latest apps one at a time and you'll get rid of it.