why after my update my phone screen icon changed
msellie

after update my phone changed, in the icons, and the apps looks changed how can I get my old look back,

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: why after my update my phone screen icon changed
bearone21
Legend

monthly or system update, either can change the look & no, you can't go back..

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

monthly or system update, either can change the look & no, you can't go back..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Msellie, I know the feeling when you have your phone setup the way you prefer and then an update changes all that. Thanks for reaching out. What make/model phone do you have? Also, most times when you perform an update, there is no way to revert back to the older version you had. However, I'm sure we can get the device looking like it once did.

JoeyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Cindy62707
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't like the looks of the update icons either and want to revert back to their previous look for things like the camera, contacts, phone, gallery, etc.  Please give us that option.   Why change the looks of an icon during an update?  It is dumb to do an update and force us into a new icon that some programmer liked.  We want what we like and are used to seeing. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We hear you loud and clear, Cindy62707. Overall, updates are helpful and needed in order to protect our phones from would-be cyber attacks. The updates are programmed by the respective manufacturers, and they ask for input from the operating systems (Google, Apple, etc.) as well as the carriers (Verizon Wireless). We’ll make sure that we send your feedback to the manufacturers, that the “look” of the app should be an option to the user in the case of doing an update to the software. Aside from the look of the apps, how are things going with the phone itself? Is there anything we can help out with?

Don’t forget two awesome values we offer: One, with Verizon Wireless, you can change plans as often as your needs change. Be sure to review all our current plans often: https://www.verizonwireless.com/plans/Two, Verizon Up: m.vzw.com/m/UpSocial You can get great rewards such as device dollars, concert tickets, daily bonus promotions, and more, just for doing things like paying your bill!

GeorgeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes