why do i have two different upgrade dates on my lines?
n_lobell77
Enthusiast - Level 2

i have two lines on my account. my line is eligible for upgrade fairly soon but my fiances line is not eligible for another few months. why do i have two different upgrade dates on my account?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: why do i have two different upgrade dates on my lines?
rcschnoor
Legend

The upgrade date is simply a date 2 years after the date of purchase. If you purchase the phones on different dates, they will have different upgrade dates.

0 Likes
n_lobell77
Enthusiast - Level 2

contract and both lines were activated at the same time.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Was your fiances line / phone replaced under warranty, or with insurance?  Was there a special promo on one line or the other that possibly affected the upgrade dates?

0 Likes
n_lobell77
Enthusiast - Level 2

ok so heres what apparently happened. when we signed on in november of 2012, they were still under the 20 month upgrade eligibility timeline. that apparently changed last year. my line was missed somehow, my fiances was not. i'm still able to get my upgrade at 20 months while he has to wait another 4. yay me, but not fair. how can i get them to honor the original upgrade eligibility for him also? we signed a contract, and the 20 month option was part of that. can i say breach of contract on their part? especially since we were given no option/notification?

0 Likes
Not applicable

upgrade dates are NOT part of your contract. consider yourself lucky you get an early upgrade and don't push the issue. and yes you were notified this was announced in major news sources and on this website and it's been on your account since the switch happened last year.

0 Likes
n_lobell77
Enthusiast - Level 2

yeah, i found that. but i don't go scouring the website for news and updates,nor do i have cable tv and don't watch the news. i kinda figure something like that should be designed to get your attention. no biggie, just disappointing for my fiance is all. didn't catch the change til now because this is our original upgrade date. now that i'm researching and seeing what is available, i noticed the date change.

0 Likes
Not applicable

n.lobell77 wrote:

yeah, i found that. but i don't go scouring the website for news and updates,nor do i have cable tv and don't watch the news. i kinda figure something like that should be designed to get your attention. no biggie, just disappointing for my fiance is all. didn't catch the change til now because this is our original upgrade date. now that i'm researching and seeing what is available, i noticed the date change.

This wasn't page 27 stuff. When this new broke there were 1000 threads started here complaining about it. Heck there are still new complaint threads being started about the upgrade fee and that started in April 2012. Also if you want to keep up on what your carrier is doing then you should take a few minutes every couple of week to read the news section of this website.

0 Likes
n_lobell77
Enthusiast - Level 2

yup, like i said, i don't keep up on stuff like this. i don't watch tv, i don't listen to the radio, i don't subscribe to newspapers, etc. work and family and all. but, my mistake and it won't happen again. if anything, i obviously need to be a more informed and educated consumer.

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

n.lobell77 wrote:

...  if anything, i obviously need to be a more informed and educated consumer.

We all should, regardless if it's cell phones, cars, or groceries ... just sayin'