why do i keep getting full screen ads when i wake up my phone?
MELBAN35

No apps actively open. It does this even when I've cleared the task manager and forbidden notifications for every app but messaging and calls. Where are they coming from and how do I stop it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: why do i keep getting full screen ads when i wake up my phone?
jav6
Champion - Level 3

What make/model phone do you have?  Some app is activating on wakeup, it appears.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

chrome browser + adblock plus, no ads!

0 Likes
RICDAN86

Have you downloaded any applications claiming to clean or speed up your device?  They are notorious for throwing advertisements at you.  The cleaner apps seem to multiply as well.  Uninstall them and the ads go away.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nobody likes to receive pop up ads and we do want to make sure that your phone is working like you want, MELBAN35.  What make and model device do you have?  When did the ads start showing up?  We would recommend looking at the apps that were installed or updated around the time that this started and remove one app at a time until the culprit app is removed.  You can also check feedback on the Play Store of each app to see if other users are complaining of the same concerns.

Adam_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DIAPLA71

I have a samsung 7

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

they're from some site/s you visited.

0 Likes