Re: why does my android S4 report 90.06gb for applications when I have 16.00gb total space and no mounted SD card
harvx
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks all for responding

Last SW update is Aug 24, 2015 to I545VRUGOF1

Checked for new system updates and there were none

I can't be sure when the problems started.

I went thru all the apps and either deleted, disabled, or updated all.

I also disabled cloud apps - Google drive.

I also turned off  WiFi and mobile data with no SD card and restarted.

No change in the 2 problems even though the Application space does vary slightly (90.61 to 90.96 GB) and the available space (1.43 to 1.73 GB)

0 Likes
Re: why does my android S4 report 90.06gb for applications when I have 16.00gb total space and no mounted SD card
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand this can be concerning, Marcx. Let's keep working on this together. I know you mentioned disabling Google Drive, however, do you have any other Cloud applications? Verizon Cloud or Dropbox? These can cause the storage issue.

RobinD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
harvx
Enthusiast - Level 3

Dropbox and anything else that looked like remote storage was stopped.

No change

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Marcx, I truly appreciate for all the information you have provided. At this time it will be best to get a second set of eyes on this to see the settings in the device. Is it possible to have you take the device to one of our local store locations? Click here to find the closet store in your area. http://vz.to/1L86Rva

NatashaA_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
harvx
Enthusiast - Level 3

A few weeks ago I went to the 14580 store to get help with the problem that when I select Settings > Accounts Google I get :"Unfortunately, Settings has stopped."  While the local store guru was unable to fix the problem he did give me the workaround of going to the settings in Galery.  At the time I did not realize the issue of the Application space reporting.

I'm traveling so it may be a week or so before I can stop at a store again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Marcx, we definitely want your phone to work properly, and show all of the correct settings and storage. At this time I would most certainly suggest doing a factory reset on your phone after backing it up first to the Verizon Cloud. If the factory reset doesn't help things then we'll know what kind of issue this is.

MarcusS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
harvx
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm closing this problem discussion without a confirmed solution.

I went to a Verizon store in Clearwater to see if they could help.  They also suggested a factory rest as the next thing to try.  Since I'm not seeing side effects at all I see no reason to do this.  Also, I will probably replace the phone within a year.

Thanks to all for suggesting solutions.

0 Likes