Re: why is my 4G LTE so slow?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

EvstersTech

We know how important it is to have reliable service these days. We would never want to lose you over this. I have gone ahead & sent you a Private Message reagding your post on this community forum. 

ChristineJ_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

EvstersTech wrote:

I have had same issues where I live

Plan: governement unlimited data

issue with iPhone any version

59427 - 3Mbps on a good day - it didn’t used to be this way, used to get 12-15 a couple of years ago.

I’ve had other Verizon customers, even parked under the tower, same results

59417- 25-30 Mbps

59404 -25-30 Mbps

other communities on I-5 northern MT - same 20-30 Mbps

AT&T in town gets 20-30 Mbps consistently

have been on Twitter with customer service to get answer everything is working correctly, there are no issues- really? Call business support - well it happens to everyone in town on Verizon with government and beyondunlimited.

Kind of at last string before Considering a switch

It's called congestion

0 Likes
EvstersTech
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has to be congestion- there are times you can’t even get 1Mbps- AT&T has

20+ down and T-Mobile rep sending me SIM card to test theirs- no need to

keep paying for what doesn’t work. Today I’m in one of those other towns

and pulled 32Mbps in 59404.

And I got story of 6 miles from tower, unless I’ve been told wrong everyone

knows tower on Railroad St 59427 is Verizon tower and no one is more than a

mile from that tower in town since it’s only 1.5 miles from end to end.

On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 11:28 AM boringusername <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

EvstersTech wrote:

Has to be congestion- there are times you can’t even get 1Mbps- AT&T has

20+ down and T-Mobile rep sending me SIM card to test theirs- no need to

keep paying for what doesn’t work. Today I’m in one of those other towns

and pulled 32Mbps in 59404.

And I got story of 6 miles from tower, unless I’ve been told wrong everyone

knows tower on Railroad St 59427 is Verizon tower and no one is more than a

mile from that tower in town since it’s only 1.5 miles from end to end.

On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 11:28 AM boringusername <forums@verizonwireless.com>

You might want to check your locations on the following site. According to this site, the tower on Railroad St 59427 is owned by AT&T not Verizon Wireless. Also Verizon Wireless wasn't listed as a registered owner of a tower or an antenna for the four miles around that town. 

http://www.antennasearch.com

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
TBOSS90

> “How do you know if you’re on congested tower, or if the destination you’re going to is congested?”

If service and signal are available, you’re under 22GB for this pay period, and speeds suddenly drop.. that’s a good indicator. But to know for certain, you’d have to call Verizon.

> “What does congested objectively mean?”

Blocked up with or too full of something, in particular.

> “What is the exact mechanicism for de-prioritization?”

lol, im not sure how this is relevant, unless you’re attemptring to design a communications system and looking for direction? But, simply put, when you make a request for data, a server executes it. When multiple requests are made simultaneously, the server needs a way to identify requests and have some means of ordering them; this is called a “queue.” De-prioritizing, would be the act of taking a specific request, and moving it to the back of the line.

> ”What does LTE speed mean?”

Nothing. LTE is not a speed, it’s a wireless standard. The standard relates to architecture mostly, but if you’re looking for a threshold, 300 Mbps PEAK download speed would be it. There is no “minimum” or “guaranteed” speed as that is COMPLETELY dependent upon availablity, traffic (congestion), and your specific area.

> “These terms don’t objectively mean anything.”

Yes, they do. Just because you don’t understand something, doesn’t mean it ”doesnt objectively mean anything.”

0 Likes
TEXASTOO

Do not waste your time. I have gone through all this over with Verizon for months. You will get the run around until you give up. They have moved me from one unlined plan to another.... No difference. They will give you a story about cell tower congestion.... Wrong. I travel the issue is every tower. If they would just say "our Network is no good and save us all the time and hassle, I would respect that more. Just plan on moving when your contract is up. "This has been a public service announcement."

0 Likes
Barry2131

My zip code is 66002. I didn't know why my speed of data suddenly became extremely slow today.

0 Likes