why when i send or someone else sends a picture message i get a notice saying generic failure
kimcook

i am fixing to hate my android htc site phone i cannot send or receive picture messages i get generic failure

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: why when i send or someone else sends a picture message i get a notice saying generic failure
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kimcook, we want you to love the wireless device you're in! Are you connected to Wi-Fi when you send that picture message? If so, please be advised that you must disable Wi-Fi and connect to our network when sending multimedia messages. Try it and keep us posted. We're standing by to further assist you if needed.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: why when i send or someone else sends a picture message i get a notice saying generic failure
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kimcook, we want you to love the wireless device you're in! Are you connected to Wi-Fi when you send that picture message? If so, please be advised that you must disable Wi-Fi and connect to our network when sending multimedia messages. Try it and keep us posted. We're standing by to further assist you if needed.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Mikep59

I had this very same problem until today when I went to Costco and discussed it with the phone techs there.  They took one look at my phone and said Verizon switched everyone over to the Global Network.  She switched my phone back to the correct network, and rebooted my phone.  I then snapped a picture and was able to send with no problems!  A few minutes later, I received a picture in my Messaging phone.

I have an LG G2 and use the default Messaging app.

Try that, Kimcook...

0 Likes