Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wifi calling. Moto g7 play. Won't work.
LANWAS25

ok. boy. So I've given up on the possiblity of my Verizon Network Extender (cell phone signal booster) working with my new stupid Frontier fiber optic...the Frontier router is just not compatible with the network extender.   So, my new problem is why can't I do wifi calling anymore....

I was previously able to make calls with wifi calling, and now it does not work. The only way it would work previously was to DISABLE that advanced calling button. It now does not work whether that button is disabled, or abled.  I just can't do wifi calling, even tho my phone shows the wifi calling icon next to the name I want to call. 

Any ideas anyone???  I DID have it working...it would only work without that Advanced Calling 'feature' turned on.  I know it says everywhere that that feature has to be turned ON, in order for wifi calling to work, but that does not work....

Plus, yup, I have turned on and off the airplane mode...

Help?

0 Likes
Re: wifi calling. Moto g7 play. Won't work.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello LANWAS25, We want to make sure that you are able to make Wi-Fi calls when needed. Can you please share more details about what you mean by the feature not working? You mentioned that your phone shows the WiFi symbol next to your contact names. What happens when you try to make a call with Wifi Calling turned on? Do you receive an error message? 

-Tanisha

0 Likes
LANWAS25

I can hear them but they cannot hear me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Please elaborate more to be on the same page. Does this happen with all the calls made over Wi-Fi? Do you have this particular audio issue whit calls made outside of Wi-Fi?

~Vic

0 Likes