Getting an Iphone today and need some help
ShanMG

Do I need to transfer my contacts and pictures before I activate my iphone? Also is there a way to transfer the ringtones that I already have?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

might help if you say what phone you have

can you copy the current data to your pc and import into itunes?

you have to have itunes, you know that right?

0 Likes
ShanMG

i do have itunes cause i have an ipod. i currently have an env touch right now. my iphone should be delivered to me some time today.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Your ringtones, if purchased may be redownloadable depending on when they were purchased but you would have to check in My Verizon. If you made your ringtones and still have the original files you may be able to convert them to work with the iPhone (they have to be in .m4r format to work on the iPhone). There are ringtone makers in the app store if you need to create new ones or you can do a internet search for other ways to create your own ringtones. There are also threads on here that discuss it, but I would have to search to find them later.

If you can transfer your pics and contacts to your computer now it would make things a little quicker when your iPhone does arrive. You can use iTunes to sync these things to your new iPhone once they are on your computer. You will also receieve a Getting Start guide that should tell you how to do the basics like transferring contacts and pics. You can also look at the url in my signature for the online manual to the iPhone that can answer many questions you may end up having once you get your iPhone.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi there!

Glad to hear you got the iPhone! The info you receive with the phone will include steps on VZ Contact Transfer. Its a one-time transfer app from the App Store that will move your contacts from Backup Assistant to the iPhone. 

VZ Contact Transfer Tool

Most users use ringtone makers from the App Store to convert your iTunes music to ringtones. That would be my best recommendation.

Enjoy your new phone!

0 Likes