My conversation with a Verizon Rep concerning the iPhone shipments.
joannsford

I understand that a lot of you think that the CSR's are not very knowledgeable about the shipment of our phones, and that may be the case, however I thought I would post my conversation that I just had with one. 

I added more to the bottome as I continued my chat.

JoAnn Ford: Great! Thank you for your help.

Please hold for a Verizon Wireless sales representative to assist you with your order. Thank you for your patience.

You are now chatting with 'Brittany'

Brittany: Hello. Thank you for visiting our chat service.  May I help you with your order today?

JoAnn Ford: I pre-ordered an iPhone 4s. Im sure you are getting a million of these questions so I apologize ahead of time....

JoAnn Ford: But I didn't order mine until yesterday. I received a confirmation email, and a few hours later I received an email stating that my phone had shipped.

Brittany: I will be glad to help you with your phone concern today.  Was this an upgrade order?  

JoAnn Ford: But the link to track takes me to the USPS website and the tracking number doesn't work just yet. Do you know why this is?

JoAnn Ford: I just signed a 2 year contract and ported a number from sprint, then turned on an old VZ phone and ordered it as an upgrade on the website, but technically it is not an upgrade.

Brittany: The phone has not really shipped out yet could be my only guess.  The phone is not set to ship out until the 13th.

JoAnn Ford: MY phone will ship the 13th? even though I ordered it yesterday and not on Friday?

Brittany: Yes, for pre-orders made online, it will ship out on the 13th overnight and delivered on the 14th.  

Brittany: No problem at all.

JoAnn Ford: No thanks! You have answered all of my questions.

JoAnn Ford: Can I ask you one more question>?

JoAnn Ford: My boyfriend call a rep earlier about this and he told me that the representative on the phone informed him that the shipments were pushed back until the 21st. Does this meant that that is not true??

Brittany: That is for people who places the order on the 14th.  The day that it comes out in stores.  

Brittany: Wait.  

Brittany: Do you remember the time you placed your order?  

JoAnn Ford: OK Great thanks!

Brittany: Was it after 6pm?

JoAnn Ford: Let me check when I got my confirmation

Brittany: Okay.

JoAnn Ford: At about 3:30 PM yesterday afternoon

Brittany: Yesterday.  Hang on and let me check the email  I have (it is about shipments made for the phone).  

JoAnn Ford: Ok thanks

Brittany: It is showing that it will still ship out on the 13th and orders placed online after the 14th will have the phone delivery on the 21st.  

JoAnn Ford: Ok! Hope thats true!

Brittany: It is.  I am looking at the email right now.  So just be on the look out on the 14th.  

JoAnn Ford: Ok thanks alot:smileyhappy:

Brittany: No prob.  Is there anything else I can assist you with today?  

Brittany: Thank you for visiting Verizon Wireless, I look forward to speaking with you again.  Have a great evening!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: My conversation with a Verizon Rep concerning the iPhone shipments.
wadefan91

Could you possibly provide a link so that I could chat with them too? For the life of me I can't find it anywhere, thanks!

0 Likes
rn6700

joannsford wrote:

I understand that a lot of you think that the CSR's are not very knowledgeable about the shipment of our phones, and that may be the case, however I thought I would post my conversation that I just had with one. 

I added more to the bottome as I continued my chat.

Please hold for a Verizon Wireless sales representative to assist you with your order. Thank you for your patience.

You are now chatting with 'Brittany'

Brittany: Hello. Thank you for visiting our chat service.  May I help you with your order today?

JoAnn Ford: I pre-ordered an iPhone 4s. Im sure you are getting a million of these questions so I apologize ahead of time....

JoAnn Ford: But I didn't order mine until yesterday. I received a confirmation email, and a few hours later I received an email stating that my phone had shipped.

Brittany: I will be glad to help you with your phone concern today.  Was this an upgrade order?  

JoAnn Ford: But the link to track takes me to the USPS website and the tracking number doesn't work just yet. Do you know why this is?

JoAnn Ford: I just signed a 2 year contract and ported a number from sprint, then turned on an old VZ phone and ordered it as an upgrade on the website, but technically it is not an upgrade.

Brittany: The phone has not really shipped out yet could be my only guess.  The phone is not set to ship out until the 13th.

JoAnn Ford: MY phone will ship the 13th? even though I ordered it yesterday and not on Friday?

Brittany: Yes, for pre-orders made online, it will ship out on the 13th overnight and delivered on the 14th.  

Brittany: No problem at all.

JoAnn Ford: Can I ask you one more question>?

JoAnn Ford: My boyfriend call a rep earlier about this and he told me that the representative on the phone informed him that the shipments were pushed back until the 21st. Does this meant that that is not true??

Brittany: That is for people who places the order on the 14th.  The day that it comes out in stores.  

Brittany: Wait.  

Brittany: Do you remember the time you placed your order?  

JoAnn Ford: OK Great thanks!

Brittany: Was it after 6pm?

JoAnn Ford: Let me check when I got my confirmation

Brittany: Okay.

JoAnn Ford: At about 3:30 PM yesterday afternoon

Brittany: Yesterday.  Hang on and let me check the email  I have (it is about shipments made for the phone).  

JoAnn Ford: Ok thanks

Brittany: It is showing that it will still ship out on the 13th and orders placed online after the 14th will have the phone delivery on the 21st.  

JoAnn Ford: Ok! Hope thats true!

Brittany: It is.  I am looking at the email right now.  So just be on the look out on the 14th.  

JoAnn Ford: Ok thanks alot:smileyhappy:

Brittany: No prob.  Is there anything else I can assist you with today?  

Brittany: Thank you for visiting Verizon Wireless, I look forward to speaking with you again.  Have a great evening!

You just ordered your phone yesterday and they're shipping it on the 13th?!?!  Wow.  Did you just go through the main menu and talk with a customer service rep?

0 Likes
joannsford
If you go to shop- phones- then just click on the iPhone, in the upper right corner there's a button that says "need help with your order?" right next to it is a chat button!

She was right too! My USPS tracking number now shows that mybpackage was picked up in Fontana CA at 5:34 pm and expected to deliver on the 13th here in Phoenix AZ:smileyhappy:
0 Likes
joannsford
0 Likes
wadefan91

ur my hero, I'm chatting now!

0 Likes
joannsford
Let me know if they tell you the same thing!
0 Likes
wadefan91

I was told to call Customer Service because she was just a sales rep. So I gave CS a call and I spoke with "Keely." She did a helluva job and was able to answer each question I threw at her. Basically, from what she has been told by her managers there have been rumors going around online that the shipments have been pushed back to 10/21, she confirmed that this is FALSE. She said that they are misinformed, and if this were the case then those that preordered would have recieved an email as soon as this would have been confirmed. She also said that those who preorder on the 7th and ordered the 16GB before the 3pm cutoff, then they would recieve a tracking number either Wednesday but more likely Thursday, with the delivery occuring on the 14th because it will be overnighted thru FedEx. I hope this is a help to a lot of people!

0 Likes
joannsford
Thanks! I still don't understand why my order is processing so quickly when I slacked and didn't order untill yesterday!

My vz order status has not updated at all. But USPS specifically says they picked up y phone! My crd has not been charged either hough which is really confusing because it seemsnlike verizon tends to charge right when thy ship! I'll updt tomorrow if anything changes:smileyhappy:
0 Likes
wadefan91

Yeah, they charged my card today around 1:30 ET, but all my status says is that it will deliver the 14th. Congrats on getting your order so quickly!

0 Likes