Please Help! I can not receive DROID emoji BUT they receive my(iphone4) emoji!
Green123

I've downloaded this free emoji app and I notice that DROID users(VZ DROIDS) CAN NOT read my texts of emoji! When droid users send ME texts with emoji I CAN read them. Why is that? I don't think it has anything to do with the app being *FREE because the priced apps have small DISCLOSURES at the bottom saying it may not work with all networks/other TYPES of phones(meaning droids, and basic phones). I really want to use my little smiley faces especially if my family and boyfriend can send them to MY phone but they can not read my emoji! Thanks in advance

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Emoji text issues are a known issue with the iPhone. To date, there is no real fix. With iOS 5 there is a emoji keyboard available (so technically you don't need those free apps) but it still does not seem to work when sending text using emoji to phones other than an iPhone. A work around would be to use a texting app that uses emoji instead of the native iPhone messaging app. This might work, but it might not be the most idea thing to do.

0 Likes