iPhone 4S [Shipping]
xKonvict-
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey guys, I am new to the forums.

I ordered an iPhone 4S - White - 16 GB on October 18th, 2011 @ around 6:00 PM EST [Tuesday].

I went into a local VerizonWireless center and got a representative to order one for me from one of their computers.

When I got home, I got an email confirmation of my order with my order # and order location.

It also said "Ship By: 10/28/2011".

That is the only email I have received from Verizon Wireless and I'm not sure if I'll be receiving my iPhone by this coming Friday 😕

I read on other topics that people who order by Oct. 18 will receiver their phone by Nov. 4 (facepalm) and also people get their tracking number from Verizon about 2 days before the actual delivery date.

Can anyone clarify EVERYTHING up for me? I'm pretty darn anxious of getting my first iPhone/Smartphone.

If you can, please tell me the possibility of getting it by this Friday [Oct. 28] or next Friday [Nov. 4]!

Best Regards,

-David T.

P.S. - My grammar may be horrible in this post. . . It's only because I'm Asian! :smileyhappy:

EDIT 1: If it makes any difference.. I live in North Carolina!

EDIT 2: When I check my order status on the Verizon Wireless website, where I bubble in "VerizonWireless.com".. It says, "We received your order and it is in process.  - - - Expected Ship Date: 10/28/2011". But when I bubble in the "VerizonWireless Store".. It only shows my order # but the Tracking Number field is blank.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
xKonvict-
Enthusiast - Level 3

ahhhh, just checked my order status on VerizonWireless.com and this time, it showed a tracking # for FedEx :smileywink:

Overnight shipping, will arrive by Oct. 28, 2011 - 4:30 PM! :smileyhappy:

I love Verizon once again!!

- David T.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
77 Replies
carformon

I ordered a I-4s 32 gb/white the first week of December.  I was told I would have it for Christmas, they have been shipping even earlier than normal. Never received any e-mails and inquired. Was told they are back ordered and would be shipping on the 23rd of Dec, should receive by the 26th due to Christmas. This was a Christmas gift. Now on the 26th I call to inquire, still no posting to my charge card and no e-mails. Now I'm told by Verizon they can't give me a date when the phone will be shipping, however, they advertise if ordered today will ship by the 4th of January. I called the local Verizon store where I placed the original order and they are telling me to re-order the phone. Great way to deal with your customers Verizon, Outstanding customer service. AT&T is looking better and better every day. Nobody from Verizon can tell me when this phone will ship, however, they all show all my order information on their computers when given all the info and confirmation number.

Good luck I hope you don't run into the same problems I've had.

0 Likes
bowlinchick2008
I just spent 25 minutes on the phone with them and basically got the same story...ordered my white 4s 32gb on December 6...they couldn't even find my order at first, so she called the store for me and was told by a store rep that anyone with a ship date of December 16, 22 or 23....they are still on back order and can't even give out tentative shipping schedule......REALLY?!?!?!?!?!?
0 Likes
killerchef8

carformon wrote:

I ordered a I-4s 32 gb/white the first week of December.  I was told I would have it for Christmas, they have been shipping even earlier than normal. Never received any e-mails and inquired. Was told they are back ordered and would be shipping on the 23rd of Dec, should receive by the 26th due to Christmas. This was a Christmas gift. Now on the 26th I call to inquire, still no posting to my charge card and no e-mails. Now I'm told by Verizon they can't give me a date when the phone will be shipping, however, they advertise if ordered today will ship by the 4th of January. I called the local Verizon store where I placed the original order and they are telling me to re-order the phone. Great way to deal with your customers Verizon, Outstanding customer service. AT&T is looking better and better every day. Nobody from Verizon can tell me when this phone will ship, however, they all show all my order information on their computers when given all the info and confirmation number.

Good luck I hope you don't run into the same problems I've had.

Are you serious? I ordered mine on 12/3 and haven't heard anything either; I'm gonna flip if they tell me to re-order something they promised would be in my hands last week.

Has anyone gotten a hold of a solid answer? Verizon is a seriously shoddy company if they can't manage order queues properly.

edit: I just called the store I ordered from and the guy I spoke to told me that he saw my order in the system (though didn't have a date besides the earlier-promised 23rd), so I feel much better. Here's hoping it comes this week!

0 Likes
aaron8466
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's not Verizon's fault most likely. It's just that the phone is selling so fast and  people just want it so bad and there are less ansd less available, the same things happened with the iPhone 4, Droid X, Droid Incredible, and many other popular devices. If you want, I'm sure you can find one at best buy or walmart or something since Verizon doenst have any

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Just curious...has anyone with order issues tried placing their order with Apple to see if the results are better? This is assuming you all aren't trying to use a NE2 discount. If Apple orders are also backed up then you know it's not Verizon...it's the popularity of the device. Also...as mentioned, you might want to try local retailers to see if they have one in stock. Not the most idea way to fix the issue when you've been waiting but it's an option that may be worth looking in to.

0 Likes
Ethan2695

I ordered my iPhone 4s 16gb black at the Verizon store yesterday. They told me they're sold out so they placed an order online for me. It says will ship by 1/4/12. Does this mean I could expect to get it by the 4th or that it will go out to be shipped on the 4th?

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Ethan2695 wrote:

I ordered my iPhone 4s 16gb black at the Verizon store yesterday. They told me they're sold out so they placed an order online for me. It says will ship by 1/4/12. Does this mean I could expect to get it by the 4th or that it will go out to be shipped on the 4th?

Assuming nothing happens to delay your order then you can expect it to be shipped by that date...you could get it on, after, or before that date but that date is saying it will be at least shipped by then. Things could change so honestly, until you get a shipped email  or your billing method is charged (if you didn't pay cash for it in the store) there really is no way to tell you when to expect it.

0 Likes
Featherb

I ordered a 16GB White 4s on 12-20-2011 in the local store and was told it would ship by 12-27-2011.  Today I spent 30 minutes online with customer support only to find out that they can't tell me when it will ship or why it hasn't yet shipped.  Status still indicates expected shipping date of 12-27.  NOTE:  This phone is completely paid for via gift card in the store.  No billing issues here.  Customer service, please review pending orders and let customers know when the ship date will slip.:manmad:

0 Likes
notafan000

I am having the exact same issue. Customer Service: Please help!

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Featherb wrote:

I ordered a 16GB White 4s on 12-20-2011 in the local store and was told it would ship by 12-27-2011.  Today I spent 30 minutes online with customer support only to find out that they can't tell me when it will ship or why it hasn't yet shipped.  Status still indicates expected shipping date of 12-27.  NOTE:  This phone is completely paid for via gift card in the store.  No billing issues here.  Customer service, please review pending orders and let customers know when the ship date will slip.:manmad:

Shipping delays are weather related.

0 Likes
DEiphone88

This is discouraging. I ordered my iphone 4s online on 12/23 and was told it would ship at the latest by today (12/29). I'm not holding on to much hope that it will actually ship now. I'm hoping it gets here before I have to go back to school next week. Does anybody know where the phones would be shipping from to Delaware?

0 Likes
KellyJ
I am still waiting on a tracking number for a phone with expected ship date of 12/29. I'm hoping it actually goes out today. Every time I try to check the status, the site says experiencing technical difficulties.
0 Likes
skeltor57

Hey,I ordered on the same exact date and got the same exact ship date as you. I have been checking multiple times throughout the day only to get the techinal problems error.

0 Likes
btkid23

DEiphone88 wrote:

This is discouraging. I ordered my iphone 4s online on 12/23 and was told it would ship at the latest by today (12/29). I'm not holding on to much hope that it will actually ship now. I'm hoping it gets here before I have to go back to school next week. Does anybody know where the phones would be shipping from to Delaware?

I also ordered my phone on 12/23 and I just recieved my shipping conformation email today, it should be here tomorrow, but I live in Nebraska so I do not know the shipping details that would be involved for Deleware. 

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

0 Likes