$0 for iphone 7 upgrade scam
EDWPLO2

Who else has been scammed by a false advertisement regarding an iphone 7 for $0 with iphone 6 tradein?  I took advantage of this and was told the iphone 6 I traded in was "a different device than what I had submitted online."  The unit I sent in was one that was purchased from a Verizon Wireless store and was the unit listed on my account.  It was in perfect condition with no scratches or blemishes of any kind and actually had more memory than the basic phone.  The credited me with 1/3 of the cost of the new phone.  I believe that this is false advertising and actually illegal.  Has anyone else had this experience?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: $0 for iphone 7 upgrade scam
shawntej_vzw
Verizon Employee

EDWPLO2,

Being able to take advantage of such a wonderful promotion should be exciting. We apologize for your experience. To ensure that your concerns are addressed and the proper trade-in amount is provided to you, we do recommend contacting the Trade-In Team directly at 800-416-8894. They deal with the promotion exclusively and will be able to check the submission and device received.

ShawnteJ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: $0 for iphone 7 upgrade scam
Weth
Legend

Did you have another iPhone 6 on the account? Was the iPhone 6 ever replaced for any reason? Keep calling and writing and I hope it works out for you. Fortunately my credit process for 2 phones went smoothly and I got the full amount for both.

0 Likes