1 bar signal
Krpdiem
Enthusiast - Level 1

Switched from T-Mobile to Verizon yesterday.  Went to restaurant in 11741, only 1 bar. Got home in 11953, both phones only 1 bar. IPhones SE2022 & SE2020. Please help. I expected better coverage. We live in a populated area. 

0 Likes
Re: 1 bar signal
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a valued customer, your service concerns are our concerns too and we certainly don't want you to regret switching to Verizon. Let's work together to address your service concerns.

We've noted the zip code you've shared with our team. Are you experiencing service issues while indoors, outdoors, or both?

What's the make/model of your mobile device? Have there been any recent changes with your iPhones? (e.g., software update, new apps downloaded, recent SIM Card change, etc.) Please reboot your devices while we're troubleshooting together. Thanks!

-Robert C.

0 Likes
Krpdiem
Enthusiast - Level 1

Good morning Robert, yesterday I was on the phone with Verizon for over an hour reviewing all of my Internet speed times, my Apple update, etc.   The cell service for our phones is perfect, even on one bar. The tech was surprised how clear the phone call was with only 1 bar & he thought maybe someone had an extender nearby but we did a test & there is not. Unfortunately the LTE Internet speed  for Verizon was only at 1.6 MPBBS. With my optimum Cablevision Wi-Fi my speed is over 130 MPBBS.  The tech basically said that an extender will not work because my cell phone service is fine. He recommended that if we can’t use our Wi-Fi in the house for our telephone Internet, we may want to look into purchasing a signal booster. The bottom line with the conversation was he recommends we use our Cablevision optimum Wi-Fi.  it was not a good resolution, but the gentleman was so pleasant, understanding and so nice so we will have to figure out if we are going to stay with Verizon or not.  We have until June 24 to decide if we are going to go back to T-Mobile. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Appreciate the follow-up. On the subject of Wi-Fi,if it is not already enabled, then Wi-Fi calling can be turned on using these steps: https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-204165/ . Once on, you can leave it on. This way, when entering low service areas like basements, you'll be able to call if there is Wi-Fi.
I hope this is beneficial. 

-David

0 Likes