1x, 3g, LTE
ameijha12

Why do speeds seem to drastically change depending on day and time? I can be in the same location (exact same spot) and one minute have LTE  and the next only have 1x. My location may not change at all or I might move 5 feet and lose all service completely but have LTE a minute later.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 1x, 3g, LTE
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important to ensure your signal is as stable as possible. There can be a few factors that contribute to a fluctuating signal and/or inconsistent data speeds, ameijha12.

Some factors can be: Are you indoors or outdoors? Is your software current on the phone? Is your phone connected to WiFi? Does this happen around the same time of day? Does it happen in the same location?

You may also notice a difference during times of day where the towers are congested. These are all issues that we would want to troubleshoot with you when you are having the problems with the phone signal.

We also have a great tool https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/troubleshooting-tool/ where you troubleshoot the issues by finding your phone and typing in the issue you are having (fluctuating signal or data speeds).

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ameijha12

To whom it may concern:

The issue occurs routinely throughout the day when I am at one location that I generally spend my time at within zip code 61085. I can go one minute to the next and not know when a call or data usage will drop. One minute I have LTE the next 1x and a call gets dropped or webpage does not open. In the general area I am speaking about, the issue occurs both indoor and outdoors. I have noticed the issue occur at all different times of day.

What frustrates me the most is most of the time when this issue occurs the coverage drops directly to 1x from LTE. I am in a more rural area and congestion shouldn't be a major issue. I understand that different times of day result in slower connection/coverage but my problem is it consistently wavers. Resetting my phone network connection helps a small portion of the time.

Please let me know if there is anything that can be done to resolve this issue.

Aim`ee [removed]

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can see exactly why you would be concerned with the signal on your phone, ameijha12.

I will be sending you a private message so I can gather more specific details from you. It looks like we need to do some detailed troubleshooting.

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes