2 iMessages from the same contact
mary_gv83

Why am I receiving 2 iMessages (email and iPhone) from the same contact using one device?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: 2 iMessages from the same contact
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mary_gv83, that's a great question. The sender of that message has enabled the e-mail and mobile number in the message option on their device.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mary_gv83

Lasina,

We disabled the email & only checked the mobile number, and text/iMessage cannot be sent or received so he had to recheck the email. He resorted to in checking the iMessage option so his texts are not iMessages anymore. Please help!

Warmest regards,

Mary Saephan

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
mary_gv83

Oops, I meant he resorted to unchecking the iMessage so his texts are SMS.

Warmest regards,

Mary Saephan

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the information. How long has this been occurring? Have you deleted previous threads that were sent? Did either of you recently get new iPhone's?

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mary_gv83

It's only been about 3 weeks since first occurrence. No, we don't have new iPhones - 4s and 5c

Warmest regards,

Mary Saephan

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sounds like you've done some very good troubleshooting. However, based on the info we have here, it appears that the issue is on the sender's side rather than yours. I recommend asking the sender to consult with his carrier. If that carrier is also Verizon Wireless, he can contact us at 800-922-0204 from 6am to 11pm. He can also come here  for help!

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
mary_gv83

Yes, I called and spoke to a VZW rep & she said the issue is originating from his phone. We have no issues when he disables iMessage, but I like to see iMessage to iMessage. Unfortunately, that's not his concern since he doesn't care for the purpose of iMessages.

Thank you!

Warmest regards,

Mary Saephan

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes