30 month device plans
Gabby1908

Hi! I can't get in touch with anyone at Verizon to ask this question.  I have a 30 month device plan. It states "Under the law, You have the right to pay off in advance the full amount due at any time, and in doing so You may receive a partial rebate of any finance charges. If You desire to prepay the full amount due, the amount due will be furnished upon request."

Verizon states that I have no pay off options, but the verbiage above says otherwise. What gives?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 30 month device plans
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is definitely true that you can pay off a device early ahead of time, and we do not have any interest on our phones. When you log into your Verizon Wireless account, and go to devices, and select the device, you will see a pay off option listed there. You can pay off a device after 30 days of purchasing it. We do recommend to make sure you do not lose a promotion while completing this option though, as some promotions are tied to the monthly payment of a device. If you would like for us to look into it with you, please send us a Private Note.

*Gert

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Gabby1908 wrote:

Hi! I can't get in touch with anyone at Verizon to ask this question.  I have a 30 month device plan. It states "Under the law, You have the right to pay off in advance the full amount due at any time, and in doing so You may receive a partial rebate of any finance charges. If You desire to prepay the full amount due, the amount due will be furnished upon request."

Verizon states that I have no pay off options, but the verbiage above says otherwise. What gives?

Your options are to pay the remaining balance in full in one lump sum or continue paying the monthly installments. If you also had a promotional bill credit associated with the agreement, you will forfeit any bill credits that haven't been applied yet. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is definitely true that you can pay off a device early ahead of time, and we do not have any interest on our phones. When you log into your Verizon Wireless account, and go to devices, and select the device, you will see a pay off option listed there. You can pay off a device after 30 days of purchasing it. We do recommend to make sure you do not lose a promotion while completing this option though, as some promotions are tied to the monthly payment of a device. If you would like for us to look into it with you, please send us a Private Note.

*Gert

0 Likes