$300 credit per line activated
Feo1950

I went all out this year and  bought my two sons Ipad Pro's, through MyVerizon website, and did it because they told me, via the chat boxes, that each line/each Ipad would be eligible for a $300 credit to my account.

Well, when I started calling to get the promo numbers, they said it was only for Smartphone new lines, not tablets. I told them to get on MyVerizon, even up to yesterday, and the promo button for buying an Ipad stated, "trade in an old smartphone (I have many), and set up new line (nothing about it needing to be Smartphone) get that same $300 credit per line". When their Customer Service saw this, they told me to call the Trade-In Group, and would not communicate any further.

Well, after hours on the phone, going around and around, they simply said too bad, no such promotion existed, changed the MyVerizon website, omitting that deal, etc. They say no offer ever included tablets, but they told me it did when I bought them, and the MyVerizon website had it.

Even though Ipad Pro's, with contract, are $250 discounted, they would not budge. Said I would have to return them to a store, then see what's happens if I try to buy them back using the contract approach and discount. Man, what a hassle for a long time customer..

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: $300 credit per line activated
deloused
Master - Level 3
0 Likes
membership

@Feo1950 We were also told that we would receive a $300 credit for each of our old phones and that we would receive an email within 24 hours of activating our new Verizon account. It has been a week, and no such email has arrived, though we have received about 10 other marketing emails from Verizon.

I called the support line and was told to hold. I did, and after a few minutes the call dropped without anyone coming on the line. I'll try again tomorrow.

However, I do have a screen capture of the promotion from their website.

2015-12-26 Verizon $300 credit.jpg

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Membership-

Trade in credits are perks I look forward too because every little bit helps when it is time to pay the bills.  My goal is to help get you the credits you qualify for.  Did you recently add a line or switch to our Verizon family?  If so, did you submit your trade in online at http://vz.to/1eJdSdS?

EmmaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Feo1950

I did, but I need the promo code.

0 Likes
Feo1950

I have tried, but I need promo code!

On Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 2:53 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3
0 Likes
Feo1950

Here is the rub. I was told by chat partner that it did qualify. And, I

showed customer service that on MyVerizon, under IPAD Pro, the promo button

also allowed it, did NOT say must be smartphone! Next day the MyVerizon was

changed. Just want a little justice here, and consideration, thanks.

On Thu, Jan 7, 2016 at 10:26 AM, deloused <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@Feo1950

So glad I screen shot the website promotions.  Note the promo is not on the tablet or basic phone screen.

image.jpeg

0 Likes
Feo1950

But it was, if you had gone and clicked on the specific tablet, the same

$300 thing came up, that says trade smartphone in, activate a line (does

not say smartphone), get $300. It was there under the tablet selection

On Thu, Jan 7, 2016 at 12:50 PM, mama23dogs <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

This is why offers are put in writing, to protect both sides.

In this case, it covers Verizon. 

Verizon can't be help responsible for a verbal agreement of offer made in error, or a customers misunderstanding of an offer.   The promotion is clearly for smartphones in all the promotional information.

IM sorry you got the wrong information on the phone.

0 Likes