3G problems with the iphone 6 (wont let me do any data use on 3G)
falkner013
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have an iphone 6 which i got the day after christmas. I work on the north slope (Very top of alaska) and only have 3G up here. But apparently 3G means i dont have data because i cannot do any data functions with 3G. Whats going on either verizon or apple because this is the 2nd iphone 6 ive had in 3 weeks with tons of problems. My first one fell 4 inches onto a counter and completely quit working. this one wouldnt let me download apps, the home button sticks bad, and now i cant use data on 3G network. anyone else having lots of problems with the new iphones?

Labels (1)
Re: 3G problems with the iphone 6 (wont let me do any data use on 3G)
Loquat
Master - Level 1

A new phone with a sticking home button would be reason enough to return the phone while you still can if it's through no fault of your own.  As for not getting data on 3G...have you tried resetting your network settings?  Don't know if this will fix your issue but it doesn't hurt to try.

0 Likes
inthehunt24
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also have the iPhone 6 through verizon and cannot connect to the data network up here on the slope. My 5 worked fine. They told me because the 6 was a voLTE phone (there new network) that unless there is a verizon tower it will not have a data connection. I'm in the process of trying to prove that may not be the case. I have a coworker who I believe has a 6 with verizon and as far as I know he hasn't complained about this issue.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Want your phone to perform as intended everywhere inthehunt24! Let's take a closer look at this service issue! What is your ZIP code for the slope? Are you able to get service outdoors?

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
inthehunt24
Enthusiast - Level 2

The zip up here is 99734. Currently AT&T has 3G coverage up here.

0 Likes
inthehunt24
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also data and voice worked completely fine on my iPhone5. My iPhone6 works 100% when I get back to Anchorage and when I'm home in Washington.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for confirming, inthehunt24! I do see that we have some challenges in that area, and coverage may vary. I can look into this more closely for you. Please reply to my Direct Message for assistance.

Thanks,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

inthehunt24, we're sorry to advise that we're not the primary wireless provider in that area. As a result, wireless signal will be challenging in that area. Is Alaska your permanent address or did you recently relocate to this area?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
inthehunt24
Enthusiast - Level 2

I work in the area.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
inthehunt24
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did not have a single issue with my iPhone 5 connecting to data up here at work. So I'm confused why as soon as I brought my iPhone 6 up here there was an immediate data issue.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes