Re: 3G problems with the iphone 6 (wont let me do any data use on 3G)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

inthehunt24,

I absolutely understand your concern. With different model phones, there are changes that can affect signal in certain locations. Are your roaming features enabled?

EfrainM_VZW

0 Likes
inthehunt24
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes roaming enabled, tried to reset network a few times even turned off LTE voice and then tried turning off LTE voice and data.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
inthehunt24
Enthusiast - Level 2

With this screen shot shows my phone has 3G but cannot connect. Voice and data roaming are on.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

inthehunt24,

Thanks for trying those steps so we can get to the bottom of this. As mentioned, coverage may vary, regardless of the model. Did you disable voice and data, choosing only one? If would like to activate your 5S model to use in that are, we can certainly help with switching the device on account. You can also use this http://vz.to/1f2MULb to view the steps.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
inthehunt24
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I have tried disabling voice and data, one at a time and both at the same time. And I no longer have my IPhone 5. It was traded in when I purchased this 6 from my local verizon store.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi inthehunt24, my apologies for the trouble you're having with switching to 3G on your iPhone 6! What happens when you go to Settings > Cellular > Enable LTE and tap to off? I too have the iPhone 6 and when I turn off my LTE, my phone resorts right away to 3G. You may also see 1x depending upon your location. If it doesn't go to 3G right away, then you may want to go to Roaming, and turn off Data roaming. Keep us posted! Thanks so much!

-KristieQ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZW Support

0 Likes
inthehunt24
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have tried all of those things. My phone resorts to and shows 3G on my status bar when LTE is on or off but will not connect to data network.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
mhelman
Enthusiast - Level 2

My iPhone 6 does the same thing when wifi and LTE is not available and I am not in a low signal area. Along with me not being able to access data, send and receive text messages and iMessages when connected to 3G signal, I also have issues with not being able to do these things when connected to LTE as well. I find that I have to toggle my airplane mode several times a day to reset my network in order to have my data services work, this includes when I'm connected to wifi. I have done network resets and factory resets. None of which have worked. I just got the phone last month. This is unacceptable and I wish I never would have left AT&T. I didn't have issues like this with signal on their carrier.

AlexaW
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with you, I have the exact problem. With AT&T this never happened! I should've stayed with them..

0 Likes