3G vs 4G LTE Network iPhone 6
Tojo1121

I have an iPhone 6 and I was getting on 4G LTE network, but now I'm only on 3G.  Why am I not getting 4G LTE anymore?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 3G vs 4G LTE Network iPhone 6
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize I missed the opportunity to reply sooner, Tojo1121. Generally a plan won’t change the type of signal you see but may affect the speeds. The areas you provided are both fairly well covered LTE areas. Does your phone fluctuate between LTE and 3G or are you only seeing 3G near your signal strength for the past two months? Are your phone calls and text messages working fine? Do you recall any new application or update on the phone around the same time this began?

I’d also like you to navigate to Settings > Cellular > make sure the Cellular Data switch is turned on > Cellular Data Options > Enable LTE > turn to Data Only or if it’s on Data Only, change to Voice & Data. After that’s done, power cycle the phone and see if there’s a difference in your signal.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm so sorry your not seeing our 4G speeds. Let's look into this together. When did this start? What zip code are you in?

JoeL_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Tojo1121

It has been within the last 2 months.  My zip code is 34637.  I'm in the Tampa Bay area in Florida.  I work in zip code 33763.

0 Likes
Tojo1121

It has been within the last 2 months.  My zip code is 34637.  I'm in the Tampa Bay area in Florida.  I work in zip code 33763.

Could it be the plan that I'm on?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize I missed the opportunity to reply sooner, Tojo1121. Generally a plan won’t change the type of signal you see but may affect the speeds. The areas you provided are both fairly well covered LTE areas. Does your phone fluctuate between LTE and 3G or are you only seeing 3G near your signal strength for the past two months? Are your phone calls and text messages working fine? Do you recall any new application or update on the phone around the same time this began?

I’d also like you to navigate to Settings > Cellular > make sure the Cellular Data switch is turned on > Cellular Data Options > Enable LTE > turn to Data Only or if it’s on Data Only, change to Voice & Data. After that’s done, power cycle the phone and see if there’s a difference in your signal.

JenniferH_VZW

0 Likes
Tojo1121

Thank you so much for your help.  It appears that Enable LTE was turned off. 

0 Likes