Advanced calling disables call Forward
gsatcvz
Enthusiast - Level 2

When forwarding from my iPhone 6 plus by dialing *72(Forward#), my calls were not forwarded. When I used the Verizon website call forwarding feature, call forwarding was successful. Subsequently, when dialing *73 to deactivate call forwarding, the process failed, but again worked from the website.

I called Verizon tech support, and after a series of trouble shooting steps, we removed the Advanced Calling feature from my account and the Call Forwarding function returned to normal. But now advanced calling is disabled, so it appears I can use one feature or the other, but not both at the same time.

This may just be a problem that occurs on extended networks, so I want to ask if anyone on a Verizon network is able to activate Call Forwarding while they have Advanced Calling selected, or does Advanced Calling need to be de-selected before Call Forward will take effect?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Advanced calling disables call Forward
mama23dogs
Legend

IM flying a little blind as I have a note 3 and had a iPhone only a short time.    the note has call forward feature built in, so I never use the carrier * feature.  It also doesn't have advanced calling.

Now that I have qualified my answer as being possibly, not at all helpful;

my suggestion is to look into your call settings, to voicemail options and see if the phone has a call forward option you should use and won't interfere with the advanced calling.

0 Likes
Re: Advanced calling disables call Forward
Weth
Legend

Works fine on native network, Advanced Calling, iPhone 6 plus

0 Likes