After IOS 12 update, Message+ not working. Getting "waiting for network" in status.
GLEMAR55

After IOS 12 update, Message+ not working.  Getting "waiting for network" in status.  Fix available?

FWIW, iMessage is turned off, so that is not the cause.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: After IOS 12 update, Message+ not working. Getting "waiting for network" in status.
COLDCASECOOP
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm experiencing the exact issue.  despite uninstalling the app multiple and doing a hard reset on my ipad twice, I'm still unable to resume using Message +.  my issues appeared immediately after updating my Ipad to ios 12.

0 Likes
Re: After IOS 12 update, Message+ not working. Getting "waiting for network" in status.
LAWSKLSUX

I am having the same problem.  Verizon - please help!

0 Likes
CABLE2001

Same here. I was hoping an update to the app would fix but I don't see an update available.

0 Likes
marcverizon
Enthusiast - Level 1

Exact same issue since iOS 12 on my iPhone X

0 Likes
robertnq

I'm having the same issue, waiting for network...waiting for verizon...waiting for a fix

0 Likes
JENFISCH99

still no response from Verizon?  i reinstalled on my iphone as well. 

i'm still waiting for network but yet, i get the alert that a Messages+ text came through as a notification but cannot access it in the actual app! 

I had to switch to messages to at least be able to text, however, NONE of my group texts are coming through!   I do not want to use MMS b/c i will go back to android and need to use sms to have any hope of texts transferring to new android phone!

beyond annoyed

0 Likes
X2BE1

Hello fellow Verizon customers.  I too am experiencing this exact issue and I actually used chat services online with Verizon where I was told to "Restore iPhone" and that did not help at all, so I called into the Verizon service line and spoke to Level 2 Technicians where they actually told me the API was being updated to address this issue.

The Technician said in should be pushed very soon.

Hopefully within the next day or so.  But I wanted to share this with you all.  For now I use the "iMessage" API as on all Apple devices and works good.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

JENFISCH99 wrote:

still no response from Verizon? i reinstalled on my iphone as well.

i'm still waiting for network but yet, i get the alert that a Messages+ text came through as a notification but cannot access it in the actual app!

I had to switch to messages to at least be able to text, however, NONE of my group texts are coming through! I do not want to use MMS b/c i will go back to android and need to use sms to have any hope of texts transferring to new android phone!

beyond annoyed

As this is a peer to peer public community forum and not a direct link to Customer Service, the site is designed to allow the community members a couple of days to respond to questions before a VZW rep pops in.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MikeNice88

This is finally fixed!!

Verizon implemented the fix and sent the update to the app store. Delete the app then reinstall the phone. All my conversations came right back and it instantly connected.

0 Likes