Android phone not receiving text messages from my iPhone 6.
cleowearsprada

I have tried to send texts to an android with no response. We discussed it and he cannot receive my texts, but can receive pictures and gifs that I send. I can receive his texts, photos, etc... but he cannot see any of mine. I have turned iMessage off to try that, but no luck. Please help! This started out of no where and is very frustrating.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Android phone not receiving text messages from my iPhone 6.
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is their contact set up as an "iPhone" or as a standard mobile number under your contact book? Did your Android contact totally confirm that iMessage was deactivated for their number if they or someone else used an iPhone on that line?

0 Likes
cleowearsprada

Smith6612,

His phone is set up as a mobile number, not an iPhone. And he doesn't have iMessage. I have turned mine off to see if I could text him, and that didn't work either.

Thanks though!

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cleowearsprada,

Help has arrived! We appreciate the information provided so far. We have our magnify glass on for this one. When did this problem start to happen? Is this only happening with this one particular person? Has this other person contacted their wireless carrier to see if there is something going on with their line?

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cleowearsprada

AliciaS_VSW,

This started two days ago - Wednesday - and is just with this one person. I have texted others that have the same phone. They have contacted their provider and say it must be on my end. The provider does not see any texts coming through from my phone, so they are not reaching his device.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cleowearsprada,
Let’s get you back to texting all your contacts.  Is your iPhone currently on the lastest iOS ? Let’s  Reset your Network Settings .  You can do this in Settings>General>Reset> Reset Network Settings and keep us posted.

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes