Any way to hold iPhone 6s shipment at FedEx location or change shipping destination?
Mobydickulous
Enthusiast - Level 2

Got my shipping confirmation on my iPhone 6s, informing me that it will be delivered by 3pm on Friday. Of course, I'll be at work and FedEx requires a signature for iPhone shipments, so I would either like to hold the shipment at the FedEx location (which is just down the street from my work) so I can pick it up, or change the delivery destination from my home to my work so they can just drop it off there on Friday.

Everything I've read about past iPhone releases seems to indicate that either Apple or Verizon has put special instructions on iPhone shipments so that they can't be held at the location and when I tried to call and have it held via the FedEx automated phone system it said the option wasn't available for this shipment.

I got someone from FedEx on the phone yesterday and they said they didn't have any info on the shipment yet so they couldn't help me, but my guess is they're going to say that I can't hold the shipment at the location.

Has anyone had any luck getting their shipment held or changing their shipment destination?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Any way to hold iPhone 6s shipment at FedEx location or change shipping destination?
Mobydickulous
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks to everyone for your feedback and recommendations.

I just got off the phone with FedEx support and they were able to process the Hold at Location request. I then got a call from my local FedEx location confirming the request and letting me know that they'll hold it there for me on Friday. If all goes smoothly I should be able to swing over after work Friday and pick it up.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Any way to hold iPhone 6s shipment at FedEx location or change shipping destination?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mobydickulous, I understand waning to have the shipment held or address changed, especially when you will not be there to sign for the package.  As you know the phone does require a signature if you are not there the driver will leave a door tag letting you know the package was tried to be delivered. With that door tag you can go to the FedEx location and pick up the package. 

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Mobydickulous
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the reply. So, I assume this means that there's no way for me to either hold the device at the FedEx location or change the delivery address to my work?

0 Likes
Loquat
Master - Level 1

The time to do that was when you placed the pre-order.  I haven't heard of anyone having much luck with getting a delivery address changed after the order was placed.  And sometimes even changing during pre-order doesn't help...I've read of folks on here having to deal with the fraud department because they're changing of address triggered a red flag with Verizon...meaning it put their pre-order on hold and pushed them further to the back of the line.  Something to think about. 

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Last year I was able to have my iPhone 6 held at the FedEx location. It requires a rep willing to authorize the change to FedEx. I believe they fax a form over to FedEx showing an authorization and once it's received FedEx will contact the hub where it would normally go out for delivery so they are aware to hold it. I believe I contacted FedEx first to ask what my options were and they talked me through what needed to be done. I also believe their rep may have stayed on the line with me while contacting Verizon to get it started. I'll try to see if I still have my old emails confirming everything so I can see if it says anything about what was done.

0 Likes
JenJen79

Yes. Same boat here.  I called Fedex, they wouldn't hold it or redirect it.  I tried both the 800 number and my local rep, no luck. Called Verizon, and explained I need it shipped to my work address. She submitted the change request to Fedex and confirmed that it was completed. 

Easier than I had thought.  But holding at a Fedex location doesn't seem to be an option until they make the 1st delivery attempt.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Unless they changed things that's not true. You just need to right rep that knows what to do. Last year for the 6 mines was held at the fedex facility without an attempted delivery. I picked it up at 8 am on the day it would have been delivered to my home.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Ok I found my emails so I can paste what one said.

9/14/14:

We received your e-mail. Thank you for contacting FedEx.

We regret that we are unable to accommodate your request as we need your shipper’s authorization to process this. To change the delivery instructions for your shipment, please advise your shipper to call our Customer Service department at 1.800.Go.FedEx® 800.463.3339.

Thank you for your patience in this matter, and for shipping with FedEx.

It was delivered to the FedEx facilty and picked up on 9/19/14 at 8:21 am. I believe I called Verizon CS as instructed, read the email I received from FedEx to the rep and explained my situation....and although it took a little time on the phone the rep called the number while I was on the line and we went from there. I remember the rep initially said it couldn't be done from what she understood but then after contacting FedEx and speaking with her supervisor they were able to figure out what needed to happen.

0 Likes
JenJen79

Ah, I didn't go that far, as I'm satisfied with having it shipped to my work address.  My main concern was having it on Friday and not wanting to take the day off work to make it happen.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Understood. I was just pointing out that it is possible to have it held at the facility. For me, having it at the facility was best because I was heading out of town that day and would not be anywhere during the day that it could have been delivered to for me. So being able to pick it up first thing in the morning was perfect.

0 Likes