Any way to set up auto-refresh for My Verizon Data widget? Incorrect widget time?
keyweez360

iPhone 5

iOS 9.0 (13A344)

Just discovered the My Verizon data widget, but until just now it was telling me the used data as of 3am last night. Today I tapped on the widget, which opened the app fully, and now the data usage in the widget updated again. Is there any way to set this up so it updates on its own periodically, rather than me having to click into it?

Also, my latest update via the widget lists a time that's actually in the future. Its around 9am for me right now and the widget is showing me estd data usage for around 11am, two hours from now. Any idea where I might fix that?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Any way to set up auto-refresh for My Verizon Data widget? Incorrect widget time?
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Which widget are you talking about? The square one with the data usage bar?

It use to auto update on it's own, but awhile back they updated it and now it only updates when you click on it. I want to say it was designed that way because otherwise your phone would use data and people don't like background data usage. I've factory reset my phone (for other issues) and the widget still does the same - must be selected in order to update.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Any way to set up auto-refresh for My Verizon Data widget? Incorrect widget time?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

keyweez360 - The Widget masters are opened for business. Having your My Verizon data wigget is top priority to stay on top of your usage. Is the Widget up to data? Go to App Store>Updates find the app and see if it says update. Would it be possible for you to share a screen shot?
JacobV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
keyweez360

Doesn't look like there's any option for me to update - using My Verizon version 4.5.12

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you confirming the version, keyweez360. To activate the widget correctly, were these the steps you followed: http://spr.ly/6589BK6lJ

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
keyweez360

Yes

0 Likes
Loquat
Master - Level 1

I had the same issue some time back.  For some reason it just stopped updating.  I never found a fix for it other than uninstalling and then reinstalling.  After that all was well...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

keyweez360, we want to make sure this widget is working as it should for you. Can you please try to disable the widget and activate it again?

To disable: Pull down the Notification Center and select Today. Tap the Edit button at the bottom of the screen. Locate the My Verizon Data widget and tap the red - (minus sign). Tap Done. Once you have completed that step reboot the phone.

Once the phone comes back on go ahead and enable the widget again by doing the following: Pull down the Notification Center and select Today. Tap the Edit button at the bottom of the screen. Locate the My Verizon Data item and tap the green + (plus sign). Tap Done. If prompted, tap the widget on the Today screen to activate it.

Please keep us posted on how that goes.

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
keyweez360

Tried your suggestion and the issue persists. The widget will only update with the latest data usage if I click on the widget which then opens the app entirely.

0 Likes
dgcurtis

I can verify I am having the same issue on my iPhone 6 with iOS 9. I tried the suggestion but no luck.  It kept the same info from before the iOS update.

I am going to try uninstalling the app and reinstalling it

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Which widget are you talking about? The square one with the data usage bar?

It use to auto update on it's own, but awhile back they updated it and now it only updates when you click on it. I want to say it was designed that way because otherwise your phone would use data and people don't like background data usage. I've factory reset my phone (for other issues) and the widget still does the same - must be selected in order to update.

0 Likes