Anyone else want to file a lawsuit against Verizon for fraud?
mehoffa
Enthusiast - Level 1

Anyone else want to file a lawsuit against Verizon for fraud?

Wrongful billing?

Lied to about you plan, discount?

Lied to about your phone?

Ever have a emergency call dropped?

Labels (1)
Re: Anyone else want to file a lawsuit against Verizon for fraud?
RidgeRider
Contributor - Level 3

I'm thinking lots of people would. I gathered up lots of information and sent it to a law firm. They seemed interested at first, then dropped me like a hot potato. I cancelled my Verizon service, paid the disconnect fee, and moved to Millinicom. Wade

RidgeRider
Contributor - Level 3

Misspelled it. Millenicom. Costs $69.99 a month for 20 GB.1-800-996-1285. I paid Verizon $100.08 a month for 14 GB. Absolutely no problems so far. Faster than Verizon, and I have no reason why, because they resell Verizon's service. Wade

0 Likes
Not applicable

Well I am sure you and the other poster would love to file that lawsuit but as the other poster found out YOU CANNOT FILE CLASS ACTIONS AGAINST VERIZON ANYMORE  you can thank the US Supreme Court for that stupid decision in favor of AT&T in their lawsuit.

All the companies today have or are jumping on that decision to only arbitrate or small claims courts. You can also file in a State Supreme Court for non money issues. But you do so on your own and as a single litigant.

Never go to arbitration since 90% of the time the consumer loses in favor of the company.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Elector wrote:

Never go to arbitration since 90% of the time the consumer loses in favor of the company.

I suspect that's because 90% of the time Verizon is right and the customer is wrong.  Most of the complaints I see on this forum are unfounded, IMHO.

Not applicable

Horses 547 wrote:

Elector wrote:

I suspect that's because 90% of the time Verizon is right and the customer is wrong.  Most of the complaints I see on this forum are unfounded, IMHO.

Actuality is not just Verizon that wins in arbitration. The Arbitration Association mainly receives their fees from the companies that use their services. Although the arbitration is supposed to be fair, you and I being intelligent would know or suspect the one that pays would win.

In my dealings with defending people in arbitration I can say I won maybe 45% of them because sometimes even in a lopsided hearing facts can be overwhelming but my association paid the half of the arbitration cost.   In that same right I have seen the opposition come in with an air tight case. Which I have to admit they were in it as I was for the thrill of the fight and maybe not the outcome.  However in small claims court I have never lost, I bring experts to testify.

0 Likes
Not applicable

At places where I live where something like this might be need all they offer is 3G 20 GB plan. Kind of useless. I can get the 4G 20 GB plan at my address, but not the unlimited plan. Doesn't matter since I can get 30 Mbps from Charter with a 250 GB cap for $50 a month anyway. Speaking of  their "unlimited" plan. I love how "unlimited" is actually 50 GB. Talk about false advertising.

My account is unlimited so why is there an issue if I go over 50GB?

Per the Millenicom Terms of Service you agreed to upon sign-up, the unlimited service is for personal and family use and is not to be used for commercial purposes or as a public WiFi or broadcast to multi-dwelling units or any other extraordinary circumstance. Usage over 50 gigabytes in one month is not considered personal and family use and will alert our investigative team.

Really? 50 GB is just 20 minutes of Netflix a day. I can't even remember the last time we used under 50 GB a month. Just 19 days into the month and we are at 67 GB and that's a low month for us.

Not applicable

RidgeRider wrote:

Misspelled it. Millenicom. Costs $69.99 a month for 20 GB.1-800-996-1285. I paid Verizon $100.08 a month for 14 GB. Absolutely no problems so far. Faster than Verizon, and I have no reason why, because they resell Verizon's service. Wade

HoneFusion is $90 for 20 GB.  So why you paid $100 for 14 GB is beyond me.

0 Likes
Upstatenate518

I was just thinking about this. Their sales people are deceitful, the marketing is deceptive, the devices are poorly supported, technical support is not properly trained, they lie and have been caught over and over, they don't want you to record them and also go as far as to tell you it is illegal to bully you, they make mistakes on billing, services, and tech support, they are rude when faced with a frustrated customer with legitimate complaints, did I mention they lie? I have substantial evidence and witnesses to prove my statements. They called the police on me in the store when I called them out in front of customers to silence me. They didn't want new customers to hear my complaints. Did I mention they get caught in lies? It's far worse than people think. They don't even give you an opportunity to go over the contracts or agreements in the store. They just want you to sign and get the commission and any problems you have down the road are no longer that person's problem. There is more but we will get that with a court order to produce the recorded calls, technical notes, store surveillance, testimony from witnesses. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! I've had a defective phone for six months until another technician from another company diagnosed my phone and told me what to say to get it addressed six months later after over 20 phone calls and store visits.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

A note on the emergency call part - while the FCC does regulate this service, wireless should never be counted on in a critical emergency. It's let me down a number of times no matter what sort of wireless service it is. I stick to the trusty wire. If you do have issues with call drops, report it to Verizon. Give them a chance to troubleshoot them. Also, if your phone is VERY OLD, consider an upgrade so you can make use of newer Voice over LTE network capacity while making use of the legacy 3G calling network.

If you can confirm emergency calls to 911 are failing out, let the FCC know so they can investigate. A cell phone doesn't have to necessarily place a call over Verizon if you dial 911 - it will pick any carrier that will provide the best reception and service.

0 Likes