Anyone getting unknown texts messages?
Chriswaits

I have been received text messages from area code 570 (somewhere in Pennsylvania).  I do not know anyone there.

It's a message that will just say "hi".  I think they are trying to get me to respond.  I've gone to the Verizon site and blocked the number.

Then another one will come up from a different number in the same area code. Anyone else having issues?  Can they access my phone if I tell them to stop? Any other suggestions...? It's annoying and troublesome.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Anyone getting unknown texts messages?
Snn5
Legend

They cannot access your phone.  All you can do is block each number as it comes in.  If you can find an app that blocks texts, you might be able to block that area code.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Chriswaits, let's get rid of that annoyance. Try replying to those text messages with the word "Stop." This would ultimately remove your mobile number from their distribution list. Click the link below for more information on how to block spam messsages:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/spam-controls-faqs/

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Chriswaits

No - I did not reply...if I did, they would know they reached a real person! It's not a business...it was someone phishing!

I blocked the number for now....there were several coming from different numbers from the same area code.  they would put smily faces in the email making me thing it may be someone I knew.   You did not send the correct response to this issue.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

They cannot access your phone.  All you can do is block each number as it comes in.  If you can find an app that blocks texts, you might be able to block that area code.

0 Likes